Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Materials

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
713 Views, 1 Reply

Sharing Materials

Is there a way to share custom materials in Revit which Ive inserted my own image into? For example if I created my own material using my own image and would like to work on another computer using that material. 

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Yes; you can by going to the Material Browser add/copy/create your own library of custom materials and if both computers are NOT on the same network; you can save the adsklib file on a USB stick and use it on any other project and/or computer.

Option 2: 

1. if on the same network; you can open both projects (otherwise transfer your project to the new computer)
  2. go to Manage>Settings>Transfer Project Standards and select "Material";
  3. and transfer the material from 1 project to the other

However, it is rumored/said that not ALL custom Material transfer with the project they were added in. So the above Option 1 is a more safe and guaranteed way. You can try it though

Image2.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators