Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Coordinates - Best Practices

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jorgedelacova7458
348 Views, 5 Replies

Shared Coordinates - Best Practices

What are best practices when working with Shared Coordinates?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

@jorgedelacova7458 Here is a great resource from Autodesk.

David Dillon
Message 3 of 6

Can you narrow the scope a bit?  Shared Coordinates is a  book - not a post.  We might have time to express an opinion or share our experience  with a single or few aspects of Sharing Coordinates. 

Message 4 of 6

are you trying to coordinate with a Civil site DWG file? use the Shared Reference Point tool...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

I should have been more specific. Right now, we have a site model and a building model. We create the site model and link the civil CAD file (center-to-center, I think?), and then acquire its coordinates and model the topography from the civil dwg.  Then, we link the building model to the site model, orient and locate it correctly, and publish coordinates. After closing the site model, we open the building model and link the site model using shared coordinates. Sounds easy, but we keep getting misaligned models.

Additionally, we send building models to consultants and tell them to acquire shared coordinates from the building model. For some reason we tend to get misaligned model from them, even though we tell them to reorient and relocate and acquire coordinates from our building model any time we move the building model.

Message 6 of 6

I would recommend publishing to Named Sites, not the default "Internal". That being said, your workflow is valid. I'm not sure what's going.  Can you post the CAD file?  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report