Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shadows not appearing correctly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
holl0481
729 Views, 4 Replies

Shadows not appearing correctly

Inked2021-04-04 23_10_35-Autodesk Revit 2021 - [KingoHouse_HF_Final design - Elevation_ East]_LI.jpg

The shadow circled in red should have straight edges instead of this 'fluffy' look because it is the shadow from my roof which is straight. I am not sure why Revit is creating this wobbly shadow. Inked2021-04-04 23_10_35-Autodesk Revit 2021 - [KingoHouse_HF_Final design - Elevation_ East]_LIk.jpg

In fact the shadow I indicate with the blue arrow is also incorrect because it stops casting yet this shadow is created by a tall extended wall so the shadow should continue to be cast and connect with the shadow beneath it.

I have tried everything in visibility graphics and tried sun path too but to no avail.

What could be causing this error? Is there anyway that I can correct this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: holl0481

Looks to me like the shadows are being cast by that wall - or what that stepped construct is - that is in the foreground.  

Message 3 of 5
ennujozlagam
in reply to: holl0481

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 5
holl0481
in reply to: barthbradley

I understand, but the shadow circled in red is cast by the roof which is not stepped, the shadow should not be wavy. 

Message 5 of 5
holl0481
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Thank you, but unfortunately I have already tried everything in sun settings whilst researching my problem, and this doesn't seem to be where the problem lies. It makes no sense to me why the shadow of the roof is cast wobbly. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report