Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shadow Diagrams and Rendering issues

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
woodstim
621 Views, 5 Replies

Shadow Diagrams and Rendering issues

Hi,

Firstly, i have an issue with creating shadow diagrams. I copy the site plan several times and use `Still` in the light settings to select the day and time i want the shadow diagrams to be. This works without an issue. However, when i go to my next copied site plan and change the shadow settings, the other site plans shadows change too. Therefore i cant have individual site plans on sheets showing different shadows. Why is that? 

Also, im new to rendering and when i click the render button i get something like the attached image. Can someone help with some basic settings to achieve a better rendering? Im obviously missing some major commands etc.

Thanks,

Tim.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
barthbradley
in reply to: woodstim

@woodstim wrote:

Therefore i cant have individual site plans on sheets showing different shadows. Why is that? 

Huh? You can create Views with different Sun positions.  

Sun Position.png

Message 3 of 6
woodstim
in reply to: barthbradley

its ok thanks. Figured it out.

The key thing is to set up each shadow and have it correspond to each sheet. I wasn't setting up each shadow in the shadow settings, so it was changing every site plan.

Message 4 of 6
barthbradley

@woodstim wrote:

The key thing is to set up each shadow and have it correspond to each sheet. 

I have no clue what this means,  but I guess you do and that's what counts. Right?

Whatever. All I can say in response is: keep your pecker hard and your powder dry. 

😉

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Your rendering appears as though the phase settings are incorrect.  Try and change it to show complete.

Message 6 of 6
woodstim
in reply to: barthbradley

Thanks for your help. I meant that I hadn't set up / didn't know you had to set up each shadow in the settings, then have that correspond to the site plan for the shadows i want to show.
I was just copying the site plan several times, then selecting one of the pre set shadow settings. This would then change all the shadows in my site plans.

Tim.

[cid:24747c35-7fd2-4ab3-b5e3-85ea0a8faaed]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report