Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section view of a component differs from plan view

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
540 Views, 4 Replies

Section view of a component differs from plan view

Hi,

I am using sink component at the moment, and I realized that one of them has the correct dimensions on the floor view, but when I create a section view it is bigger. Does anyone know about that problem? Is it possible to edit the section view of a component? This component is not parametric though...

Thanks for the help!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rodrigo.bezerra
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, it is possible, but not on the model. You must edit the family.

Regards

Rodrigo Bezerra

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
aghis_no
in reply to: rodrigo.bezerra

This is probably because the family has 2D geometry that is visible only in plan view, and probably, this 2D geometry is not correctly dimensioned.

As Rodrigo said, you will have to edit the family, identify the 2D geometry and correct it.

The geometry you have to correct is probably 2D "symbolic lines": "symbolic lines" in the family environment are the equivalent of "detail lines" in the project environment, they only display in the view they are created in.

The "visibility settings" of the 3D geometry of that family are set so that they do not display in "plan" views, (and maybe the "front/back" and "left/right" views), letting only the 2D "symbolic lines" represent the element.

Normally, you have to "lock" the symbolic lines to the "reference planes" that drive the 3D geometry in order to have all the representations matching the dimensional changes of the family.

However, quiet often, poor quality content, instead of using "native" 2D "symbolic lines" use AutoCAD blocks imported as 2D geometry in the family. AutoCAD geometry is not flexible, so changes in the 3D geometry cannot be reflected in the 2D geometry of the imported AutoCAD block. If this is the case you will probably have to re-create the 2D geometry of the family per view using "symbolic lines".

hope it helps

Aghis

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: aghis_no

Thanks Rodrigo and Aghis for your answers. Nice to hear that it is possible to modify those.

I will have to try those modifications, although in this case, the 2D symbol has the correct dimensions, but the 3D geometry is too big. I will try to modify that last one.

Regards,

Bizoeil

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: aghis_no

I couldn't modify the sink I had problem with, because of all the different parts it contains, but I had the same problem with some doors, and I managed to edit them. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report