Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling tags and symbols

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
8160 Views, 10 Replies

Scheduling tags and symbols

Hello

I have been asked to do "Data Extraction" similar to what AutoCAD can do.  We are trying to identify what tags and symbols are on which views, in a schedule format.

Can That be done in Revit 2016?

Is there an Add-On for that?

Most of the symbols and tags are simple text based families.  I'm not talking about truly parametric tags.

Thank You

Nardo

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Use Note Block to schedule Generic Annotation symbols.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

ToanDN

Thanks

How do I add the Sheet Number parameter to the schedule?  I added it as a Text and then Data parameter; but that didn't work.  That would be a very helpful bit of information.

Thanks

Nardo

Message 4 of 11
ToanDN

I don't think you can incorporate the Sheet information to the symbols, and subsequently, to the schedule automatically.  heck you can't even do that to anything except views. 

Edit the symbol families and add a text parameter Sheet No then you can select them in a View on a Sheet and enter the information.  Very labor intensive.

Message 5 of 11
loboarch

Is there a reason the information is part of a symbol/annotation instead of a model element?  Revit really wants to keep track of data on model elements rather than 2d annotation elements.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: loboarch

The project is being detailed in AutoCAD.  The details are going through to shop drawings and the assembly drawings.  The detail tags are for the AutoCAD details.  So they are Dummy detail tags.  There are a few hundred of these details.  So including that many DWG files within the Revit file is not good.  So those pages of details are staying in AutoCAD only. 

It would be helpful to have a system to track the location of those details.  A schedule would do nicely. 

Is this something that Dynamo can do?

I guess I need to add interoperability for such things between Revit and AutoCAD to the Revit Wish List.

Message 7 of 11
ToanDN

I see.

Create dummy drafting views place on dummy sheets.  Label them to match your CAD details.  Now you can schedule them views and sheets, you can even reference to them from other views in Revit using Reference Other view method.

Message 8 of 11
loboarch
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN wrote:

I see.

Create dummy drafting views place on dummy sheets.  Label them to match your CAD details.  Now you can schedule them views and sheets, you can even reference to them from other views in Revit using Reference Other view method.

This was going to be my suggestion as well.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: loboarch

That's a lot of sheets and views to make. We currently have about 340 such details.  Most details are on a sheet of their own.  That volume of work is what we are attempting to avoid.

Message 10 of 11
ToanDN

@Anonymous wrote:

That's a lot of sheets and views to make. We currently have about 340 such details.  Most details are on a sheet of their own.  That volume of work is what we are attempting to avoid.

I can guarantee that it is less work than using generic annotation symbols to ID them.  1 hour 19 minutes top.  And you can transfer them sheets and views to other projects as well.

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

you can't schedule the tags it self , but tags read data saved in the 3d objects
these data can be schedules then exported to .txt file which can easily imported in execl

export schedule.JPG

kindly, assign this as accepted solution if it solve your problem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report