Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedules and Text display different text width, even when same text type is used in both

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
dtiemeyer
328 Views, 8 Replies

Schedules and Text display different text width, even when same text type is used in both

If I use the same text type in both a schedule and a text element, and type exactly the same contents, the schedule text is narrower. I've even 'Reset' the formatting of the schedule and also tried overriding with the same height (3/32") and the schedule text is always more narrow than the text element. Why? How to make them identical?

dtiemeyer_0-1708463141077.png

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Lachlan-JWP
in reply to: dtiemeyer

I can replicate this in Revit 2024. I have no idea why it's happening.

Message 3 of 9
ToanDN

Revit use different methods to translate height for plain text and schedules.  They were matching height prior to Revit 2017 version.

Message 4 of 9
dtiemeyer

So i tried to create a separate text type for the schedules to compensate for the differences, with limited success.

The text height in schedules appears to be about 1/2% to 1% too short. Revit would not allow this small of an incremental change in height to compensate.

The text width appears about 3 1/2% different, but Revit only allows for full percent changes, so I was not able to get a perfect width match, but was able to come closer. (see image below)

Autodesk, please fix so that all places text is used (text, schedules, tags, dimensions, etc.) that they all are exactly the same result.

dtiemeyer_0-1708959959046.png

Message 5 of 9
Siem_Weel

True - as @ToanDN says. Same for tags - they are different as well compared to the same text style / height.

Don't hold your breath for Autodesk to fix this....

Edit: See this and this article for more info.

I created a support request for this issue in 2018. Here's the response:

02/07/2018 13:08

Hi Simon,

Thank you for taking your time to contact us,

My name is Jacob, I'm with the AEC Product Support Team at Autodesk and will be assisting you with your support case. I've had a look at your description and it is due to changes in the text editor. New text scaling has been implemented for Text notes only. These changes have not yet been implemented for text inside of tags. 

As a result, there are small differences in size between text notes and text inside tags.

Here's a public article about it:

Difference in text size between tags and text notes in Revit 2017

Thanks again for contacting us, do let me know if you need me to clarify any of the above.

Best regards,

Jacob Westergaard
Autodesk Support Team

Message 6 of 9
Lachlan-JWP

@dtiemeyerplease make a post in the ideas forum and I'll give it a vote.

Message 7 of 9
Simon_Weel
in reply to: Lachlan-JWP
Message 8 of 9
dtiemeyer

in that post Autodesk only stated that Tags were updated to match text rendering. I'll add a post for other places text is shown.

Message 9 of 9
dtiemeyer

Here you go, please support it!

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/make-all-text-in-a-project-render-the-same/idi-p/12585516

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators