Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule with stripe rows - make one column not striped

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
HVAC-Novice
415 Views, 10 Replies

Schedule with stripe rows - make one column not striped

In my schedules I use the "stripe row" since that helps to navigate large schedules. 

HVACNovice_0-1721837739865.png

Now I added images of the product and the striped rows show a frame since some images are smaller than the column. See how it looks fine in the row with not stripe color, but the picture (with white background) contrasts with the stripe color.

Capture.JPG

Is there a way to stripe all but that one column? Or any other ideas how to avoid that?

Revit version: R2024.2.1
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

You might be able to edit the images so their background is transparent in Photoshop but there is no guarantee that Revit will represent the image correctly. For this schedule you might be better off not using the row shading. There is no option in Revit to only apply it to certain columns.

Steve Stafford
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Message 3 of 11

I don't have a photo-editing software. But I think making the background of the picture transparent, would make that also appear gray (the stripe color)?  the type of picture and format also may differ depending on what each manufacturer provides. So this may require a lot of editing. 

But not using stripes may be an option here since the rows will be larger (higher) than needed due to the image. So it would be harder for a user to look through the row and get lost (this stripe coloring is supposed to avoid losing which row one was looking at). Or I just live with the gray framing in those rows. 

Message 4 of 11

GIMP is still free I believe and might be able to edit the images as a test of concept.

Steve Stafford
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Message 5 of 11

Yes, in very old days I had GIMP installed and played with it. But now our IT department and attorneys require a very lengthy approval process for any software. Any unapproved software is blocked by Applocker. For free software, I typically don't get the vendor to provide all the data and forms filled out our IT requires. This usually only works for expensive paid software where the vendor is willing to go through the ordeal. This typically is a 3 month approval process (I wish I was kidding). So, I'm limited to what Windows already provides unless I use GIMP at home on my personal PC. But having to edit images at home vs. right away at my desk isn't a practical workflow to "just try out some things and trial and error". 

Message 6 of 11

Aah...bureaucracy...good luck!

Steve Stafford
EESignature

Message 7 of 11
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

I think your idea of making the background transparent may work. some of the images I got from manufacturers don't show the white background when in the striped row. some do. So the proper way would be to edit the images. 

Capture.PNG

 Edit: Rethinking this, I think it would look better for contrast if the entire field would be white instead of gray or whatever color my striping is. 

Message 8 of 11
Mike.FORM

Make sure there is no view template for the schedule and then select the column you want the to not have the striping and change the shading to white. You can reapply the template after and it will not override the shading for that column.

MikeFORM_1-1721934078580.png

MikeFORM_0-1721934031193.png

Message 9 of 11
SteveKStafford
in reply to: Mike.FORM

Good to know, I thought the shading only applied to the header portion.

Steve Stafford
EESignature

Message 10 of 11
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: Mike.FORM

That works. I even can re-apply the template after I made that column white and it stays white. 

Message 11 of 11
Mike.FORM

Yeah schedules are weird, any overrides you do when a template is off using the context menu tools will not get changed by the template once you reapply. Its like all those tools act the same way graphic overrides work on model elements.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report