Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule - Wall Material takeoff

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1598 Views, 4 Replies

Schedule - Wall Material takeoff

Hi Revit gurus,

I am doing an exercise in which I want to find out the surface area of all the walls I am using, I think the best way is to paint the wall surface and then create a schedule to calculate the material SQM. I am new to schedules and read online that using material take off schedule is the best thing to do. 

So at the moment I have a schedule which is totalling every SQM of paint on the walls, however there is no differentiation.

- Is there a way to distinguish between different materials on the schedule? You can see in the image attached it just says material:as paint. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to add Material Name or Material Description to the schedule and sort by that field.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks!

In addition to that, I don't suppose there is a way to have material name with the total sqm to the right, as one number?

At the moment it has listed every single wall painted with the material and gives the total at the bottom but the schedule is huge.

As an example I just would like:

Material A = 1240sqm.

Material B = 1562sqm. 

You can see how it currently is in the image attached.

Message 4 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Of course you can. Go to Format tab > Select Material Area field and change it form No Calculations to Calculate Totals. Then go to Sorting/Grouping tab > Sort by Material Name or Description, and untick Itemize All Instances.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Ah yes I figured it out just after I posted but thanks for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report