Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same building, same scale - two different sizes

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ayeomanPPJ3J
246 Views, 4 Replies

Same building, same scale - two different sizes

Hello!

I am having an issue with my Revit ceiling plans. I have two HVAC plans that I am working on, a first floor plan and an upper level plan. They both are selected to show at 3/16" = 1'-0", but they are coming into my sheet view as two completely different sizes. 

If I put the Upper Level HVAC Plan in at 1/8" = 1'-0", it shows up at the same scale/size as the First Floor HVAC Plan.

Is this a Revit glitch? I have never had this problem before.

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: ayeomanPPJ3J

So the View Scales on the Sheet are identical?  And, the Building perimeter on both Levels is identical?  

...where's the underlay of the building coming from? CAD inserted by View? Maybe it was inserted at the wrong scale. 

...post the file.  Bind Links if applicable. 

Message 3 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: ayeomanPPJ3J

One of them uses a custom scale that is set to display as 3/16" = 1'-0". 

ToanDN_0-1649789342350.png

Select the true 3/16" scale from the list again.

Message 4 of 5
ayeomanPPJ3J
in reply to: ToanDN

I did not create a custom scale, I chose the one that comes standard in all Revit projects. In both views, the properties show a scale value of 1:64, so I am pretty sure they are the same scale just showing up at two different sizes

Message 5 of 5
ayeomanPPJ3J
in reply to: barthbradley

Well... I figured out my problem... The reason they SEEM to be different scales is because of my cropping. They actually are the same size, I just thought the 3/16" scale was small enough for the whole building to fit on one sheet... The upper level actually has a different footprint than the lower level so that comment is what helped me figure it out.

Dumb mistake 🙂 Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators