Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating texture on curved wall

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dicky
2299 Views, 4 Replies

Rotating texture on curved wall

Materials can be rotated by tab selecting the hatch and using RO to rotate on flat walls, however if the wall is curved rotating the hatch pattern does not work (given I have tried creating an elevation view at the tangent of the mid point of the curved wall).

I am trying not to get around this by duplicating the material with a rotated texture as that will create too many duplicates, am I missing a step with the first method or is there some other way?  Many thanks.

dicky_0-1627470167714.png

dicky_1-1627470206048.png

Labels (5)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RDAOU
in reply to: dicky

@dicky 

If it is curved pattern cannot be rotated => a workaround is a must. What kind of workaround depends on what you are modeling and how many rotations (image shows 2 1 vertical and one horizontal). There are several workarounds...example:

1. Split face and use paint tool to apply 2 materials with different patterns
  2. Create a custom material with a custom rotating pattern
  3. Work with curtain walls...Panels can be basic walls and you can use 2 types of basic walls with different patterns
  4. Work with pattern based curtain panels

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 5
ToanDN

Textures between should match unless you manually rotated the texture on the flat walls.   Or are they already mismatched from the get go?

Message 4 of 5
dicky
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks ....The texture map is horizonal, and I have already rotated the 2 flat walls on either side of the curve, hence the curve part is the only portion left that is still horizonal.

Message 5 of 5
ToanDN

Then assign a material suitable to the curved wall and you shouldn't need to rotate anything at all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report