Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotated Mullion

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1237 Views, 6 Replies

Rotated Mullion

Hi Everyone,

I have a corner mullion that seems to disjoin and rotate even though it is connected to the  adjacent wall, and I can't figure out how to fix it. When I shift the wall, it fixes itself, but when I move it back to the correct location, it breaks. Any thoughts? 

The mullion is a L Corner Mullion. Mullion ErrorMullion ErrorSame wall (copied) shiftedSame wall (copied) shifted

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
bin
Advisor
in reply to: Anonymous

Maybe drag one wall back to disconnect them, change both corner mullions to normal ones, then trim, and change one to L shape. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: bin

Unfortunately, no luck. It seems to have a problem joining. Even when I redraw the wall from scratch in the same location, the glass doesn't connect. But, when I move the wall, everything joins. 

Message 4 of 7
ToanDN

Maybe draw the curtain walls NOT in the correct location, then shift them to the correct location.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

The issue seems to be when I set the base offset to a negative number. I have a slab edge cover for the sill and for the cover to actually cover the slab, the base offset needs to sit below the base constraint. The profile sits at base constraint otherwise which is too high. slab edge coverslab edge cover

I'm open to suggestions to do this in an alternate way. I need to see the cover in elevation and section and at the right height. 

Message 6 of 7
jbrr27

Found this thread after having this issue today.  I usually have square corner mullions, so this hadn't come up before.  For me, what caused it was the ends of the curtain walls being set to disallow join (as curtain walls often are--they were copied from some adjacent curtain walls where disallow join was needed).  I got an error message saying the corner mullion was not joined to any other curtain walls, so it was defaulting to 90 degrees, which placed it sticking out of the wall instead of wrapping the corner.  After switching the ends at the corner to allow join, and then lining the end points up, it automatically rotated the corner mullion correctly.  Not sure if that would've solved OP's issue, but just posting here in case it works for anyone else.

Message 7 of 7
Fa19-cve-051

Hello Everyone I am Having a Issue With Curtain Wall I want to Move my Rectangular Mullion Exactly at the corner but I can Move it in the curtain Wall Can Somebody Help me with this issueScreenshot 2024-04-26 093213.pngScreenshot 2024-04-26 093225.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report