Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room Tag in Area Plan--Not Visible

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
Anonymous
76626 Views, 24 Replies

Room Tag in Area Plan--Not Visible

I have created an area plan for use as a color diagram.  I need to reference my room finish schedule as well as the areas for a costing set, so it is necessary that I tag the rooms on the plan.  Somehow, certain tags won't show up and I'm at a loss as to where to go next.  What's even more confusing is that some tags show up and others don't on the same plan and in the same area (one room will tag and the other won't within the same area boundary).  My visibility graphics indicate that tags are visible, so it's not that.  I just don't know enough about area plans and boundaries to know whether that's the issue and how to fix it.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous If you tried filters, view settings, hidden elements, and graphic overrides without luck, it could be a workest issue. 

Message 22 of 25

I have this problem too but with Revit 2021, any more solutions? I've tried with whats been suggested.

Message 23 of 25
ToanDN
in reply to: n0872651

Tags are per view. You need to tag the rooms in the area plan, or copy paste the room tags from another plan.  Also, rooms category must be visible.

Message 24 of 25
carriebingham

I had a similar issue - one room tag wasn't visible in a floor plan view where other room tags were visible.  I cut a section through the room and saw that the room did exist.  I ended up deleting a small plan region that was overlapping the room by a tiny bit and the room tag became visible.  

Message 25 of 25
kenyomusa

Just had this problem. 

There could be multiple reasons. First check visibility graphics, worksets and hidden elements to make sure its visible. 

If that all checks out. Then it could be the height of the "room" element. Cut a section through the and select everything and filter to the room. Then adjust so it touches the floor and the ceiling.

kenyomusa_0-1681501265309.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report