Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

room colours not showing

46 REPLIES 46
SOLVED
Message 1 of 47
Anonymous
109636 Views, 46 Replies

room colours not showing

Hi All, hoping someone can help. None of my room colours are showing up.

- I have assigned each room to a department

- visibility/graphics override, Rooms colour fill & interior fill turned on

Is it something in visibility or  type properties i have something wrong in, many thanks

46 REPLIES 46
Message 41 of 47
sgunnisHNAP9
in reply to: Anonymous

None of these things fixed the issue for me. I tried everything but my room colours would not show.

I then realised that I'm applying the colour scheme to area plans, not floor plans. Room colours do not show on area plans. I now understand the singular purpose of a floor plan over an area plan though, which is nice.

I'm posting this in case there are other poor, unsuspecting victims of Revit's ongoing misanthropic mission out there.

Message 42 of 47
neevin.bilani

After trying everything I found the answer, you need to enter the Visibility/ Graphics Overrides and change the floor pattern to invisible foreground and background for plans and walls for elevation and then you can see the fill room color.

neevinbilani_0-1656621835378.png

Message 43 of 47
sgozon

sgozon_0-1670545031164.png

Make sure go to VG, under model categories, go to room then make sure your "color fill" is checked. See the snip for reference. 

I hope this helps..

Message 44 of 47
sharanravich

Go to Visibility/Graphics in model categories - select Rooms drop down list and click colour fill and apply. 

Message 45 of 47
Asmir

you need to define and pick Color Scheme in properties of view

Asmir_0-1682597180512.png

Message 46 of 47
james.levieux

Hi everybody,

I was hoping to find a solution to my problem in this thread but unfortunately did not!  I've done hotel guestrooms this way many times but for some reason this model is not cooperating.

I use Spaces instead of Rooms since I'm working inside the architects linked model.  All of the guestroom are correctly reporting the room number from the architects model but for some reason about 5% of the guestrooms fail to display a color even though the are assigned the correct department.  I have the color in foreground and the floors are turned completely off.

You can see that rooms assigned to the same department will show both filled and unfilled.  If the floor isn't the problem, what else is there to check?

jameslevieux_1-1687198342089.png

Message 47 of 47
NRutherford

I just had the same problem and solved it by going into the view template, under V/G Overrides Model, and under the ROOMS tab (which was checked) somehow the "color fill" option was not checked. That fixed it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report