Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

room colours not showing

46 REPLIES 46
SOLVED
Message 1 of 47
Anonymous
107415 Views, 46 Replies

room colours not showing

Hi All, hoping someone can help. None of my room colours are showing up.

- I have assigned each room to a department

- visibility/graphics override, Rooms colour fill & interior fill turned on

Is it something in visibility or  type properties i have something wrong in, many thanks

46 REPLIES 46
Message 21 of 47
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

The view's Graphic display Options \ Model Display \ Transparency was set to 100%.  Reset it to 0 and the colors show.

Capture.PNG

Message 22 of 47
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Fell stupid it was that simple thanks so much.

If I can ask you one more question, I'm doing schedules have added room numbers to each room but they don't appear in schedule (column B) even though I have mark listed, any suggestions? 

Message 23 of 47
ToanDN

You need to add Room Name and Number, not Mark.
Message 24 of 47
Anonymous

But room name or number is not in the drop down list (see screen shot)??

Message 25 of 47
ToanDN

That aint a Room schedule lol. That is a Floor schedule. Recreate the schedule and select Room from the list.
Message 26 of 47
Anonymous

I actually wanted a floor schedule to list floor area, but can see if I selected room schedule it would have given me area as well as much more.

So thanks so much you have been a great help, I'm still learning frustratingly slowly, but as my old mum used to say if you stop learning you are dead!! Have a great day (or night) Smiley Happy 

Message 27 of 47
ToanDN

The reason Floor schedule cannot show Room info because a floor can span multiple rooms, same as walls, ceilings, roofs.
Message 28 of 47
Anonymous

Ah! Good cool! This worked for me! I turned on the over ride to set the floors as a solid white pattern in order to turn off the stubble from the cast-in-place concrete, and I ended up over riding the entire color scheme and I couldn't figure out how to get it back! I ended up going into the material properties of the cast-in-place concrete itself and turned the stubble pattern off for all concrete. 

Thanks so much for the helpful tip! 

Alexandra

Message 29 of 47
Anonymous

I just had the same problem, got to visibility graphics and under "Room" make sure the color fill is checked

Message 30 of 47
Anonymous

Great thanks for the feedback

Message 31 of 47
Anonymous

OK my colorfill is checked?  Now what?  The box window called "choose space type and color scheme" did not come up as in the tutorial...thanks in advance, Jayne

Message 32 of 47
Anonymous

I also had this problem today and was struggling with it for a long time. None of the previous answers worked for me. I eventually figured out that if your floors have a graphic override your room fills won't show up. Just in case anyone else comes across the same issue! 

Message 33 of 47
Anonymous

thank you for your note. As it has been sometime now - I just turned in
what I had - one plan with, the other not filled in.
I am taking a Revit course online.
xoJ
Message 34 of 47
tylerVD3L4

can we not do wall poche and room fill colors?  If I set the transparency up from zero, my wall poche goes away.

Message 35 of 47
ToanDN
in reply to: tylerVD3L4

Set the Color scheme to Background so it stays behind Wall poche and keep the Hidden view at 0% transparency.
Message 36 of 47
tylerVD3L4

This is great. thank you.  I would rather not have to make my poche'd walls transparent, but if this is all i can do atleast its better now in the background.

Message 37 of 47

Hello,

I am having a similar-ish problem. I normally use REVIT, but I am using revit LT on a project I have been assigned - early stages.

I can only see the room colours when the view is in wire-frame, or if I turn the view to around 50% transparent. I can't seem to sort it out.

I've been through the suggestions above, perhaps a revit LT functionality thing.

I created a "blank" template from a new project and transferred the standard, to use as a "reset" template, in the hope that it would turn off all filters. It made no difference.

Floors are both patterned and unpatterned, with no background colour. 

Image below at 75% transparency....

Can anyone help? Its driving me nuts....

Kind regards

Message 38 of 47

I've just been experiencing the same problem.  Has anyone found a good solution to this, without having to set the view to wireframe?

FYI, I am using full version Revit 2020 at the moment. 

Also the problem seems to only occur on my ground level plan.  When I apply the same view template on upper floor levels the room colours show corrrectly.  

Message 39 of 47
ToanDN
in reply to: jeremyHU6JM

@jeremyHU6JM wrote:

I've just been experiencing the same problem.  Has anyone found a good solution to this, without having to set the view to wireframe?

FYI, I am using full version Revit 2020 at the moment. 

Also the problem seems to only occur on my ground level plan.  When I apply the same view template on upper floor levels the room colours show corrrectly.  

Check if floors have solid surface pattern.

Message 40 of 47
jeremyHU6JM

That worked, Thanks @ToanDN 

Another weird Revit glich!!🙄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators