Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room color not showing for one of the rooms

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Marcus.Isacsson
17746 Views, 8 Replies

Room color not showing for one of the rooms

Hi fellas!

I have a weird problem where the color doesn't show for one of the rooms.
It's the same level as the rest and it's also the same department but something makes it show as white instead of colored.

Any solutions to this weird problem?

Department not showing.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

@Marcus.Isacsson check your room separator/ room bounding. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 9

@ennujozlagam wrote:

@Marcus.Isacsson check your room separator/ room bounding. thanks

Here's how it looks for us. There's a bunch of room separation lines along the edges, what kind of problems can they create?
And where do the problems occur? 

Room.PNG

Message 4 of 9

@Marcus.Isacsson hello, just check with is there a room name for that room?.  i just did a trial test. thanks

445.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 9

@ennujozlagam wrote:

@Marcus.Isacsson hello, just check with is there a room name for that room?.  i just did a trial test. thanks

445.JPG

Yes, there's a room name and department. Still white though.
Room name.PNG

Message 6 of 9

Hello, is there anyway you can share some part of the file so we can check, I will try tomorrow when I get back to office. Thanks

Message 8 of 9

Hi fellas! Thanks for all the help, I fixed the problem yesterday. Was some room separator lines that messed it up.
Weird though that you can place a room that looses its color this way.

Message 9 of 9
trunyan
in reply to: Marcus.Isacsson

Found out that when the material of the floors, walls, anything in the view has a 'solid' face pattern, it will hide the color of the room fill.

1) you can change the material and erase the surface pattern 'solid'
2) You can choose the floor or wall that hides the room fill, choose: Override graphic view> by element> and make the surface patterns invisible for that view.

3) In visibility graphics you can turn off the pattern for floors in your template. 
Hope this helps to solve the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report