Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof: Sloped in sloped Support

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
XXalessio.amodioXX
1667 Views, 17 Replies

Roof: Sloped in sloped Support

Hi all,

I have to model such a roof.

The roof is supported by sloped precast roof beam. I try to model the elements of the roof separatelly with no success.

If I apply a variable layer i cannot apply any sloped arrow and Vice versa. Any idea?

01_Roof.JPG

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

I'm not sure I completely understand the drawing, but have you tried drawing it as a flat slab and then using the 'Modify Sub Elements' tool? You can use this tool in conjunction with a variable layer too

manuelmunoz87_0-1605020836801.png

After you click on the tool, you can assign a different height for each of the sub elements (vertices and sides) in your slab. You can also add additional vertices and lines to create the shape you're looking for

Message 3 of 18

Yes I tried. Unfortunately Bottom side of roof remain Flat. My roof is laying on sloped precast beams.

Message 4 of 18

Draw it as two roofs using modify subelements and join geometry.

Message 5 of 18

Hi.

I want to achieve a roof such that.

Inclination of the roof 5% on Sloped roof beam 2%.

Imagine simple roof. 

Any idea?

Message 6 of 18

Do you have elevations figured out for all these points circled in red? 

Modify Roof Sub Elements.png

Message 7 of 18

Modify Roof Sub Elements 2.png

Also, the overall retangular dimensions of the footprint?

Message 8 of 18

@XXalessio.amodioXX wrote:

Yes I tried. Unfortunately Bottom side of roof remain Flat. My roof is laying on sloped precast beams.

uncheck "Variable" in the Roof Assembly if you don't what the Roof to remain flat on the bottom when using Modify Sub Elements.  

Message 9 of 18

Hi 

main part shold look like this.

01_Roof.JPG

Message 10 of 18

That elevation view doesn't give any useful information. You need to figure out the elevations of each of those red-circled points shown on your Roof Plan.  That's going to require drawing angled Ref. Planes/Lines in the different views to find out where they intersect (that's the red-circled points on the Roof Plan) -- and then measure the intersections' heights above zero origin.  Those elevations calculated are what you enter for the elevation values of those Points I've circled in red on your Roof Plan.  

Message 11 of 18

2 shape-edited variable-thickness roofs stacked and joined:  

2 Shaped-Edited.jpg

Message 12 of 18
barthbradley
in reply to: barthbradley

2 Shaped-Edited 2.jpg

Message 13 of 18

...hmm just curious why? Wouldn't it be much simpler(/cheaper) to put the beam at 5% slope...?

edit: think I misinterpreted, so actually you're talking about a beam and a roof... so you have to use just one roof with variable set and then use a void cut on the bottom to slope it at 2%...or two roofs if one is a structural deck.

Message 14 of 18

I kind of get why. Look at the OP's Roof Plan. He's got a mess of opposing slopes aimed towards drainage inlets he's building into the structure.  Still, it's hard to visualize the construct. Don't know what the slopes are supposed to be, or what the actual dimensions are.

Slope Roof X.jpg  

Message 15 of 18

...interestingly enough, when you join a structural deck floor with another floor/roof with modified subelements the section material disappears. Got it to show by giving the structural deck a 1mm offset (cantilever), not sure why it does that... suppose the cannelures are rotated the other way also, but it seems that's a little tricky aswell with the cut pattern/material...

sloped roofs with joined geometrysloped roofs with joined geometry

Message 16 of 18
ToanDN
in reply to: XXalessio.amodioXX

See attached.

ToanDN_0-1605133484167.png

Message 17 of 18
martijn_pater
in reply to: ToanDN

... that works, same issue with the cut pattern though. So if you offset it 1-2mm in the sketch ie. that will work.

Message 18 of 18

Hi,

I want to thank you all for the effort and preciuous information.

The roof will be a Green Roof supported as you well intended by a trapezoidal sheet.

The TR will lay on Precast beam and the 5% slope (Main part) will be provided by Insulation.

Just trying to find the easiest and best solution. 

EDIT 

In differetn project this was designed by joining more layers.

It is a good solution but problematic if someone mistakenly unjoin geometry. The volumes will overlpa

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report