Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof as per attached

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
586 Views, 4 Replies

Roof as per attached

Hi all. I want to create a roof as per the image attached but it doesnt let me to as its not a closed line. Any ideas?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Error message is:

"Lines must be in closed loops. The highlighted lines are open on one end"

Message 3 of 5
chrisplyler

I do not know what is going on in your picture. Is that a section view through something? What is the blue stuff? Is it maybe a roof over a bay window or something?

Any roof-by-footprint must be defined by a closed loop of lines.

Any roof-by-extrusion must be defined with a profile consisting of a closed loop of lines.

You can't have three dimensional objects having any undefined/infinite sides, either in the real world or inside of Revit.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

Here is a real image I am sure now you see what is going on.

Revit request a close perimeter to create a roof aparently..

Message 5 of 5
chrisplyler

Ahhh... let me create a quick video for you.

Why would you think it could be created without geometrically defining part of it? Of course, as does any physical object in the world, any 3D object inside of Revit needs defined sides all the way around. No physical object, at least in our universe, can have un undefined/infinite side. I suppose they could program Revit to just automatically close any user-drawn open loop with a straight line, but that's only going to work out if you're creating a rectangle and you just don't want to draw all four sides of it yourself. It just makes more sense for the user to define all the sides.

Thanks for waiting. Here is your video:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report