Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Road problem

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
941 Views, 8 Replies

Road problem

This area is Toposurface from CAD survey (attachments). This is where new road will be according to that survey. I can not fix points in that road because none is there and it looks terrible the way it is. I fixed both sides of green area by moving points up or down to make smooth edges. It is split surface. If I delete this road how to build new road that will align and attach to both sides of green area by elevation points ? Please explain in steps. Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Does this road follow the top of Toposurface?  

FWIW: Read this if you haven't already. You'll thank me later. 

https://www.autodesk.com/autodesk-university/class/Make-Hardscape-Follow-Site-Topography-and-Site-To...

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

YES. Please look in attachments. This is the road that I traced (using property lines) from CAD Survey. The road location is proposed by the city but is not there in reality yet that is why it is so uneven on both edges. This is the Main Access Road from which I will draw my driveway up to the hill and through covered drive through parking to connect the driveway with the other road on the hill top. This top hill road is there in reality but surveyor did not include it in 3D file so it is not in my Toposurface but I have traced it to my site plan. I will have to extend my toposurface to include and draw that road somehow myself. But that is later.

Please look in attachment. I split this grey road from my Toposurface. I fixed all points in my toposurface to straighten- flatten that area on both sides of the road. I could not straighten this road itself because it has no points at all. So I want to delete this road and build a new one in place between two split Toposurface sides. Please advise on how better to do that ? Thank you !

Message 4 of 9
barthbradley

Yes I can offer a better way. Post the actual AutoCAD and Revit files.      

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I can not send that Revit file, it is too big ! it Does not let me. Here is that CAD file. 

Message 6 of 9
barthbradley

The only CAD line work that intersects with the Tposurface that appears to be a road, is the line work on the layer "Pvmt Outline".  I show it here as a gray-colored Subregion:

Pvmt.png

Is this what you are talking about? If so, what would you like to do with it?  

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Here is site plan RVT file.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I will try that next time in another project. This CAD file overlays 2 maps - that is why it is so mess. This road as appears attached to  the toposurface is also not in reality but proposed previously for 2 parcels for 2 houses. It will be one big house on 2 parcels combined into one property. So that road also will need lots of adjustments. I am going to stick with the one I built by tracing main road lines because it took for me forever to finish adjust it and it turned out OK (RVT file in previous message). Thank you !

Message 9 of 9
barthbradley

You're more than welcome.  Catch you later. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report