Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit2012 Linked File Question: UNABLE to UNHIDE the linked file lines

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
2616 Views, 9 Replies

Revit2012 Linked File Question: UNABLE to UNHIDE the linked file lines

HI , I have a linked file question.

I am working in Revit 2012. I have a linked revit topography file in my main host file.

The topography file lines are visible in the "Reveal Hidden Window".

I select one and all get selected, but I am not able to UNHIDE them either as elements or category.

I wish to see them in the site plan.

The contour lines are visible in all other plans/views/ sections/ elevations.

What am I missing?

Thx

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Check Visability Graphics in the site view.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

I have checked the VG Window. The Overlay and the Halftone boxes in Linked files are UNCHECKED.

Also I have checked for site and topo. all lines are checked over there.

What am I missing. I need help asap.

Message 4 of 10
CoreyDaun

Perhaps they belong to a Workset that's turned off in the Link.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

I had the same situation and I saw the linked file as hidden, but actually it was unloaded.

Maybe that helps. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

I have the same issue.  I have a linked Revit Topo which shows up as magenta in the reveal hidden elements view but the options against unhide are all greyed out.  Curiously there is an option to hide it even though it is already hidden.  I have tried different template settings and made sure that the imported file is ticked in visibility settings.

Message 7 of 10
RobDraw

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the same issue.  

You're using 2012?

If the options to hide are not available, you might be selecting the link and not the elements within the link. Have you tried to tab select the elements within the link?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

I'm using Revit 2019.
Yes I have tried selecting the elements within the link, I have tried different templates and even linked the topo into a completely new host model and still no difference.
Strange thing is that I get option to hide the already hidden linked model but no option to unhide it after that is done.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Yeah, I had the same issue. I linked a topo model into a host file and was throwing in some cameras to create some perspective views, so the topo is visible in the 3D view but is some type of hidden in the perspective views other views. What worked for me was just going to the view then hitting the toggle/reveal hidden elements then just "tab" the linked topo file until you hit the actual topo model and then it should give you the option to actually unhide. I am using 2020. 

Message 10 of 10
ARRCX3YT

VG>
Imported Categories>
checked the box for "Show Imported categories in this view">

checked the box for on the DWG file you have lnserted

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators