Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Version Upgrade

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
363 Views, 3 Replies

Revit Version Upgrade

Hi there,

I am currently using 2016 and under subscription. I have been hearing others saying i shall not be able to run my revit next year (2020) since it has already been 3 years from my current version. So ineed to upgrade my project from 2016 to later version eventually. Can i know how this thing works?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
georgehobel
in reply to: Anonymous

Maybe I'm ignorant... I thought that if youre under "subscription", you update every year to the new version...

George Hobel
Reflections of Charlotte
Residential Building and Design
Message 3 of 4
nmarcelis

When you have a subscription instead of a perpetual you automatically have acces to the latest versions. You have to check with your Autodesk "Software Coordinator" to the list of products you have acces to.

I can't think of any reason why your versions wouldn't work anymore once 2020 is released. 

It's common for big projects to remain in the original edition in which the project was created.

For more information check the following link.
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/previous-versions/...

If this helps you please accept this answer as a solution to close the topic.

Revit Certified Professional Architecture, Structure and MEP.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

If you haven't activated any licenses after 2016 you should be fine.

The issue that you will have though is 2016 will be the next "unsupported" version.   So make sure you have a downloaded copy of the installer and the updates.   If you require support from Autodesk you will most likely get a "update your version" reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report