Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Topography from CSV

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Javier_WWinc
266 Views, 3 Replies

Revit Topography from CSV

I have created the topography from a CSV file. But the final Topography surface is 10' (3m) above the actual point elevation. 

Survey point and topography points from CSV file are all around 328'  yet the resulting surface is around 338' (10' above all the nearby topography points). 

Screenshot 2022-03-14 115947.png

Labels (6)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: Javier_WWinc

@Javier_WWinc 

Elevations of topo points are absolute ... Easiest way for you to get it done is simply by going to elevation view and move the topo 10' down

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 4
Javier_WWinc
in reply to: RDAOU

Thanks, Indeed elevations are absolute and so are the topography coordinates & elevations. So I'd hate to add inaccuracies by dragging things around when Revit should be able to coordinate seamlessly among different data sources.

Having said that, I hate moving anything (including topography) by dragging seems like a very poor solution, very inaccurate at best, especially when you need to coordinate multiple trades and team members.  in case something changes in the future I'd have to move everything 10'  (ish). 

So instead of moving the whole topography, I managed by moving the Project Survey Point (clipped, in the elevation view to the right elevation)  unfortunately I had to move it by hand. FML

But seem a bot more elegant(!?) than moving the topography. Hopefully, it will allow for future updates if necessary.

Message 4 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: Javier_WWinc

@Javier_WWinc 

No comment...I would go with

1. Either moving the topo down
  2. Or from the Ribbon >> Manage Tab >> Project Location >> Coordinates >>  Specify coordinates at Point and input the surveyors values at that point.

But hey... you stick with whichever method you are comfortable with you for sure do not need to take my advice : o)

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators