Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit to btl (Requesting speedy Answer)

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
josemukalel
3267 Views, 15 Replies

Revit to btl (Requesting speedy Answer)

I am trying to find a way to create Revit to .btl file for CNC fabrication.Is there any apps to support this ?

Jose George
Architectural BIM/CAD Technician
josemukalel@gmail.com
+64 22513 0828
A KUDO is always welcomed; However, WHEN the above answer helps and/or clarifies your query; kindly mark it with ACCEPT AS SOLUTION
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Viveka_CD
in reply to: josemukalel

Hi @josemukalel

Can you share the Revit file for us to test further? I can send you a private folder if you want to upload your file.

Though there is no direct way for this import, Inventor and other CAD/CAM software would be the intermediate for this process.

Please see HERE for the Revit Extension for Fabrication app.

Also, what is the output format that you require? 

Looking forward to your reply update.

Message 3 of 16
josemukalel
in reply to: Viveka_CD

I have timber structure. I need to export as .btl format for using lignocam
Jose George
josemukalel@gmail.com
+64 22513 0828
A KUDO is always welcomed; However, WHEN the above answer helps and/or clarifies your query; kindly mark it with ACCEPT AS SOLUTION
Message 4 of 16
ennujozlagam

@josemukalel hello, you can try to check it HERE maybe they could help you. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 16
Viveka_CD

Hi @josemukalel

Thank you for your response.

Can you share a file with us to test? I can share a private folder to upload.

Let us know.

Regards,

Viveka

Message 6 of 16
josemukalel

There is no specific file ,I am looking solution for all kind of Revit Timber structure file.

Jose George
josemukalel@gmail.com
+64 22513 0828
Message 7 of 16
Viveka_CD

Hi @josemukalel

Let me get back to you on this - I am connecting with the team to see if there is a workflow for the same.

Regards,

Message 8 of 16
Viveka_CD

Hi there @josemukalel

Just wanted to share an update with you. Hope this helps and is close to what you are looking for!

See HERE for a workflow that involves several ways to prepare and export data to CAM software ready for CNC machining. In this AU class you will see that exporting manufacturing data from Autodesk® Inventor® software is only part of the process.

A list of formats that inventor can handle is HERE and HERE

*For new Possibilities to Create BIM Wood Framing Models and Data Flow for Automated CAD/CAM Production Lines in Revit® Environment using AGA-CAD see HERE

*This workflow is from the lignocam website. Thank you for your input @loboarch

Lignocam BTL.png

*Try the above workflow - See HERE for installation guides and contact *Rhino support for additional questions.

*I have provided a link to an application or add-in that MIGHT provide the extra functionality for which you are looking. Please note, however, this is not an Autodesk product or endorsement. You should take all precautions whenever you elect to download/install/utilize any application and do so at your own risk. Please review the developer’s documentation and disclaimers before proceeding to utilize their product(s)

If you find posts have solved your problem, please click on 'Accept as solution' to help others with similar questions. Kudos welcome.

Regards, 

Message 9 of 16
josemukalel

Hi Thank you for the valuable comment,unfortunately the suggestion will not match with my requirements expect AGA-CAD.I have made contact with  the AGA-CAD guys ,They are not having program for my specific CNC machine which is belongs to Technowood.They are willing to develop one program  if i purchase their CNC Exporter program.But this doesn't make sense unless they are familier with this machine.

My requirements is Use 3d models in CNC .So it is necessary to convert as BTL file for the use of Lignocam.Client not recommended DXF or Dwg format which is not giving flexibility  to use in CNC.

Jose George
josemukalel@gmail.com
+64 22513 0828
Message 10 of 16
Viveka_CD

Hi @josemukalel

Looks like you require a different workflow.

Can you export the Revit model to any other format - sat, .obj or .step or iges?

However, I am looking to see if someone from BUILD SPACE here at Autodesk might have another recommendation. Also, can you share the name of the CNC machine from Technowood?

Regards,

Message 11 of 16
kriemslagh

Dear Jose,

Btl from Revit directly is precisely the aim of our current hsbcad hsbTimberOnRevit application. Our first version is available on the Revit plugin site. It uses a secondary model (fabrication model) to represent the detailed cutting of the timber.

We are currently working on a major upgrade of that version where we do not use the fabrication model, but generate CNC (Btl, Bvx...) direcly from the native Revit structural members. We have tools to model housed tenons, dovetails, scarfjoints... and so much more. The target area is not limited to timber beams and columns. We have customers using our hsbCltOnRevit which targets CLT panel processing, directly from within Revit.

Could you share a small part of your model so we can asses the complexity, and understand your way of modeling. Anyway feel free to contact me directly.

Kris Riemslagh
www.hsbcad.com

PS: thx Viveka, and her contacts who brought this thread to my attention.

Message 12 of 16
josemukalel
in reply to: kriemslagh

Hi I have received your email to my company adress last week.I will upload
the models on next working day .
Thankyou
Jose George
josemukalel@gmail.com
+64 22513 0828
Message 13 of 16
josemukalel
in reply to: kriemslagh

Hi 

Please check your Inbox,I have send some models for your reference .

Jose George
josemukalel@gmail.com
+64 22513 0828
Message 14 of 16
josemukalel

Thanks for support .Please not the machine model number "TECHNOWOOD TW-Mill M 5500 29"

Jose George
josemukalel@gmail.com
+64 22513 0828
Message 15 of 16
Viveka_CD

Hi @josemukalel

You are welcome!

Thanks for sharing the machine details.

Regards,

Message 16 of 16
Viveka_CD

Hi @josemukalel and @kriemslagh

I'm just checking back on this post. How is everything working out so far?

I'm glad to hear that you have connected.Smiley Happy

It will be great if you can share a snippet from your workflow to benefit other users and the community seeking similar solutions.

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report