Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit showing eror in loading window family.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
491 Views, 2 Replies

Revit showing eror in loading window family.

I have created this window by editing one existing family.i hve made some parameters also.it contains 2 generic models in it which i have to utilize that generic model together as a part of one window.but when i tried to load this family into project then it showing a major eror.it doest'nt load that family into my project file.i've made some parameters for these generic model to control there visibility.i am unable to understand where i have dne mistakes.i am attaching my family with my thread plz thelp me as soon as possible.

Regards
akkarar
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Before you can use the family in your project you need to be sure that it works outside in the family editor. Test parameters and types while constructing the family and when you finished it. If you had done so, you would have seen that changing to type 3040SGL will show you about five errors. You cannot use the family in any project unless you fixed it. so have a look at the sweeps at top of the family. This is the first problem. the second problem in your family I could not identify yet.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks, i was also trying to get the fault i had done and to some extent i come to know where the fault lies.But it was taking too much time so i thought to make the window again in but in the window template.Earlier i was editing an pre exsisting window family and i think probebly that was creating a problem.Now there is no problem with the pediment i made by sweep.But now a new question has raise in my mind i.e is there any way to make a profile parameter to change it according to my requirement like we do in wall sweep or revel in which we have a option of changing the profile.can i apply the same thing in the pediment also?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators