Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Server - "This operation could not be completed. Please try again."

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
746 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Server - "This operation could not be completed. Please try again."

We are using Revit Server for one of our projects sharing the central model with 3 collaborating offices. We had a huge issue yesterday, where none of the users were able to sync their work back to the central model because Revit kept issuing the warning, that "this operation could not be completed. Please try again." Well we tried, we thought it would be a network connection problem and rebooted the revit server but the problem persisted. Anyway the only way out was to replace the central model with one of the users local making it the new central with all the following steps as a result from this.

Anyway, my question is two fold. One, was the central model corrupted (how?) and two, why is it not possible to just override the old central model and keeping the file path to the local files intact or at least you should be able to repath it (just the same way as you would be linking models)?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

We are using Revit Server for one of our projects sharing the central model with 3 collaborating offices. We had a huge issue yesterday, where none of the users were able to sync their work back to the central model because Revit kept issuing the warning, that "this operation could not be completed. Please try again." Well we tried, we thought it would be a network connection problem and rebooted the revit server but the problem persisted. Anyway the only way out was to replace the central model with one of the users local making it the new central with all the following steps as a result from this.

Anyway, my question is two fold. One, was the central model corrupted (how?) and two, why is it not possible to just override the old central model and keeping the file path to the local files intact or at least you should be able to repath it (just the same way as you would be linking models)?

1. Without the Journals from a Revit Session that experienced this error, I really couldn't say for sure.
  2. You should be able to replace the "bad" Central Model with a new one.  Were you getting some sort of error when you tried to do that?  Replacing a Central Model always requires other users to cut new locals.  The existing locals they had pointed to the "bad" Central and cannot be re-pointed.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

Kyle,

Im currently in a situation where the journals would certainly help me out; however, I cant seem to locate them. 

I want to run a controlled test on the users machine that is experiecing the 'This operation..." error. In a fresh session, if I have them performt he requested action, and the error appears, would that log be saved locally to their machine(s)?  

I want to make sure im not looking for log on the server, where the server never even thinks it got the request. 

Thanks!

-Sean

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Check your server space on all servers.  If one server is low it can cause issues on the other servers as well.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks!

Is there typically a threshold of memory, where these servers would consider it too low to operate? ie. anything under XXgb free = too low.

-Sean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report