Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place Handrail in Winder Stair

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1393 Views, 5 Replies

Place Handrail in Winder Stair

Hello. I have a winder stair and I want to place a handrail from basement to first floor, but I am not managing it. I attach files in case you can achieve it. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello. I have a winder stair and I want to place a handrail from basement to first floor, but I am not managing it. I attach files in case you can achieve it. Thanks.

Message 3 of 6
RDAOU

@Anonymous

I had a quick look at what you have; but I don;t have enough time at the moment to record a screencast. I will tey to do that later on tonight

What I can tell you, as it is now, you cannot place the rail on that winder stair (which you have sketched)...the stair has issues (namely where it revolves up, the stringer too and the as well as errors...you didn't need to do it usinf Stair: By Sketch... By Components works better in this case

Image10.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

In the meantime you take a look later on, let me be thankfull with your post.

If you draw any conclusions this eve, please share them so I can give a try.

Thanks again

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

@RDAOU

Did you have a chance to revise the basement stair issue?

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
RDAOU

@Anonymous

Yes but at the moment I cannot record a screencast (laptop keeps hanging and whatever I record isn't uploading)...But as I've said in my previous reply it's much easier if you use STAIR TOOL >> Stair by Component >> U-Shape Winder and the rail would host with no issues.

Below is the same stair you had (used yours as an underlay) and modeled a new ushape winder stair by component on top of it

Image1.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report