Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Railing joining issue

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Lakshman01
405 Views, 9 Replies

Revit Railing joining issue

Hello all, 

As per the below image i have tried to connect the Rails but i couldn't. I am facing this issue At No 1 - both are different stairs , At no 2 is same stairs.

How to join the railings as in no 2 ? 

Lakshman01_0-1630651318452.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
RDAOU
in reply to: Lakshman01

@Lakshman01 

You will need to upload the model with that stair

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 10
Lakshman01
in reply to: RDAOU

@RDAOU  Here i have attached the file .rvt 

Message 4 of 10
RDAOU

@Lakshman01 

You have modeled as 2 stairs ...if you model it as one stair, and I don't see any reason why not to model it as 1...then to have the inner rail continuous is much simple

RDAOU_0-1630670245970.png         RDAOU_1-1630670269444.png       RDAOU_2-1630670298011.png

Below GIF - I re-created the same/identical stair as one element and placed a continuous rail sketch (using same type you had in the model)

Stair and rail.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 10
Lakshman01

@RDAOU 

Thanks for your response, I understood what you have shown on the above, but for one stair - From GF to LVL 1 its right we can follow your steps.

We have a case like - 5 Levels are there ( Basement, GF, LVL 1....LVL 4) - My question is from GF end rail and LVL 1 Starting rail how can we join those continuously ? 

Lakshman01_0-1630674755940.jpeg

Like this , Hope my question is clear. 

Message 6 of 10
RDAOU

@Lakshman01 

Well asking the question and presenting the issue with a bit of context sometimes saves everyone lots of time 🙂

:Try to edit the rail path using tab key to select then add segment to the path...

Message 7 of 10
Lakshman01

@RDAOU 

Can you pls attached the RVT file which you had worked with the Railing family .. here 

It would be more helpful for me to spot ! Thanx 

Message 8 of 10
RDAOU

I did that in 2022 and already deleted the file... you can attach the full multi-story one and I can redo it in that ...but I dont have 2019

Message 9 of 10
Lakshman01

@RDAOU 

i have attached the file man !!  with the same levels what we having, so you just show me the workflow SC. 

Tags (2)
Message 10 of 10
RDAOU

@Lakshman01 

Apologies for the late reply 🙂 it Friday ... So Those stairs, how do they relate to the levels? They kinda miss every single level and the landings seem to land at random elevations...is this intentional or what?

RDAOU_0-1630695040185.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators