Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit mouse

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
yes_and_no
868 Views, 8 Replies

Revit mouse

Guys, has anyone tried the programmable multi button mouse for Revit ?

Available on market from 5 to 16 buttons, wow. Wonder if they work with RV shortcut or commands.

Want to surprise my coworkers with this after Xmas gifts, but not sure they work with RV.

hna__20221223_165250.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: yes_and_no

I have a Logitech gaming mouse G602 with programmable buttons which I spent shitload of time program. In the end I never actually use any because keyboard shortcuts are faster.  But I do love the high dpi, the shear weight, and the ergo of the mouse.

Message 3 of 9
yes_and_no
in reply to: ToanDN

But is it doable for Revit shortcuts ?
It sounds like a lot of work for you, probably a lot lot more for me....and
my coworkers...
Message 4 of 9
RobDraw

https://www.google.com/search?q=programmable+multi+button+mouse+for+Revit+review&ei=8-amY5eDGPqq5NoP...

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 9
RPTHOMAS108

I'm now wondering if they do a left handed version. On the other hand (...) those buttons look too small for my thumb and I don't think I'm talented enough to press the correct button without looking. It suits me as a right handed person but I do wonder about the ergonomics of these things in that left handed regard i.e. likely not much thought given to it.

Also thinking about the batteries: how many I've avoided buying over the years by not getting a wireless mouse. Getting harder to get a good wired mouse these days because everyone wants to control their computer from the other side of the room??? Where does your mouse spend its day, on the mat a cable length away.

Re original question: buy it, try it, if it doesn't work send it back. Your consumer rights often permit you that option in most jurisdictions (that is for you to know for where you are in the world however).

Message 6 of 9
yes_and_no
in reply to: RPTHOMAS108

I ll try that once best buy opens.

The small side buttons arranged by 3x3=9. I guess the best I can setup is for the ones at 4 corners. Perhaps once you get a grip of it, then advance to other buttons.

Speaking of RV shortcut, I wonder what is the shortcut for closing current window ? Also the child commands after you hit "print preview", as in "print" or "cancel" ? It s not working on my Rv17.

Message 7 of 9
ToanDN

You can only create button shortcuts for commands that you can execute with keyboard shortcuts or key combos.

Message 8 of 9
mhiserZFHXS

I use a Razer Naga at work and home. 12 programmable buttons for the thumb to use. I had to make a concerted effort to actually use them, but it made a massive difference to my workflow speed once I was used to it. My left hand stays locked on the left side of the keyboard now to access ESC, shift, ctrl, and I assigned my most common tools to the mouse (align, rotate, mirror, etc).

Message 9 of 9
joneilBQXK7

I use an older Logitech mouse, the G602. It has 6 side buttons. The trick is to not assign each button to a single shortcut. I assigned them to the letters 'C, Z, V and P' with esc and delete on the last two (these two alone are lifesavers). 
Then I went through and changed my most used keyboard shortcuts in revit to be all different combinations of those 4 letters. (CZ, VP, PP, ZV, etc...) It also lets me Copy Paste Print and Undo really easily.

joneilBQXK7_0-1697480918262.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators