Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT LT for multiple users

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1267 Views, 7 Replies

REVIT LT for multiple users

Hello i am due to start a new job instigating REVIT LT into a company with 3/4 designers (I have been using REVIT LT myself for about 10 months). I am wondering whats the best practice for for saving family members that users create. I understand that only one user can work on a project at a time with REVIT LT. My concern is if a user whose working on a different computer goes to open the project up will it also pull any user created family members they have created? i hope this makes.....   

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous hello, refer to this LINK. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Yes but this is for REVIT to REVIT LT we will only be using REVIT LT i want to know the correct process for saving family members so they will load on another PC.

Message 4 of 8
ennujozlagam

@Anonymous you need to provide network server so everyone can access and can shared your library. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Ok so if they save their user created parts to a shared network drive REVIT will automatically load them up on another PC? IF so this is great

Message 6 of 8
jacques

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello i am due to start a new job instigating REVIT LT into a company with 3/4 designers (I have been using REVIT LT myself for about 10 months). I am wondering whats the best practice for for saving family members that users create. I understand that only one user can work on a project at a time with REVIT LT. My concern is if a user whose working on a different computer goes to open the project up will it also pull any user created family members they have created? i hope this makes.....   

Families loaded onto a Revit project will be accessible to anyone opening the project. The problem you will have is different people making changes to the families but saving the families in different locations. It will become a nightmare to control.

My advise, aim to have library of families you or your colleagues have created. As everyone will have a different take on what those families should do, have a clearance folder where they can save the file so that the person in charge of the library can clean up and access the suitability of those families before they are added to the library.  Your library should also include scripts, notations, etc.

Instigate a naming convention that tells the user:

1.-Name of family

2.-Family type

3.-variation (if needed)

Break up your library into sub-folders that clearly state the purpose of the families between that sub-folder.

However, as a rule of thumb, if anyone has created a family for a specific project, have them save it in a project folder called "families" or something along those lines. Another copy should go into the "clearance" folder. Over time, you will build-up a library that serves your purpose.

As a last point, sometimes families from the central library would need to be modified to suit the project at hand. If that is the case, the modification should be saved on the project folder. Hope that helps.

Message 7 of 8
ennujozlagam

@Anonymous hello, have you read everything in the link? thanks

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jacques

This is beyond an excellent reply thank you very much for you time.. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report