Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Link: Line style

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
XXalessio.amodioXX
509 Views, 6 Replies

Revit Link: Line style

Hi all,

I have to coordinate the wall openings between disciplines.

Once created the wall opening in the Architectural model I link it into MEP one.

How can I change the apperince of those elements? I have tried throught the visualization of the link itself but not working. Surely I am doing something wrong. 

Any idea?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi @XXalessio.amodioXX . May be this is a cut line? try changing them. If it doesn’t help, check the family, maybe it have subcategory?

1.png

2.png

Best regards, Pavel Plotitsyn.

Message 3 of 7

Hi,

It has a detail nested family. But since the discipline is setten on Mech. It appears always in Halftone (The link is Architectural). 

Message 4 of 7

Yes in the discipline "Mechanical" elements are displayed in halftone. What is your task? Show generic models without overriding? Set the discipline to "Сoordination", open the link in the visibility/graphics, select all the elements except the general models, set "Halftone", apply, create a view template and apply wherever you need it...

1.png

Best regards, Pavel Plotitsyn.

Message 5 of 7

From what i understand you saying, the opening is in the Arch link and you want to show the opening as black lines, not halftones. This is a common visual issue when linking in Arch into MEP models. when the view is set to Mechanical the architectural background does not represent properly. 

• you can use the Linework tool in the Modify ribbon > View panel to replace the lines with a desired lifestyle. this will only appear in the view they are placed in. 
  • you can use a Model line to trace the opening and the model lines will be visible in all views 

there are other options out there, but these are what my MEP staff default to using.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7

It solves the issue. But it is a not usual workflow i believe.

Message 7 of 7

Line work tool is good. Even changing position in ARC model it will automatically in the MEP one

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report