Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Families not working, crashes, no copy and paste.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
eluthrin
296 Views, 5 Replies

Revit Families not working, crashes, no copy and paste.

My Revit seems to have completely broken. The list is long: 

1) I cannot place families into the project that already exists in the project.

1a) I cannot adjust previously working parameters for families (one example is flipping the orientation of a door gives me an error message and deletes the existing family, see attached photo 01) 

2) I cannot copy and paste polylines or groups of any sort (annotations, families, etc.) I receive an error message that doesn't allow me to move forward (see attached photo 02) 

3) Trying to edit a family from a Revit model causes the program to crash. 

These are just 3 of the many I have noticed. My colleagues can work in the model with no problem and have no issues, I have tried clearing and redownloading Revit multiple times. I am unable to do my job with these issues. Photo 01Photo 01Photo 02Photo 02

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: eluthrin

Follow these steps to resolve the issue: 

1. Close all Revit Sessions on the affected machine. 
  2. Rename the following file (instead of removing the folders listed in the solution below): C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit %VERSION%\DDGraph
  3. Restart Revit. 

Alternatively: 
Copy and paste a healthy DDGraph file from another machine, where the issue is not reproducible.

If the above steps do not help, clear the content of the following folders:

• C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit %VERSION%
  • C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit %VERSION%

%USERNAME% should be your windows login name.

%VERSION% should be your Revit version.

Message 3 of 6
eluthrin

Thanks so much!! This worked. Can you explain what the DDGraph is? What is the root of this issue? Does it have to do with corrupted families or plug-ins? (I used Twinmotion Datasmith recently). Why was this not working for me, but not for my colleagues? Thanks again. 

Message 4 of 6
ToanDN

@eluthrin wrote:

Thanks so much!! This worked. Can you explain what the DDGraph is? What is the root of this issue? Does it have to do with corrupted families or plug-ins? (I used Twinmotion Datasmith recently). Why was this not working for me, but not for my colleagues? Thanks again. 

I don't know what a DDgraph is exactly or what corrupts it tell you the truth.  I have never had the issue myself but the steps to fix it was published on the Autodesk Knowledge Network.

Message 5 of 6
mhiserZFHXS
in reply to: ToanDN

I've also been seeing this posted as a solution to a lot of issues lately. Hopefully Autodesk knows what the underlying issue is and fixes it for the next hotfix.

Message 6 of 6
eluthrin

It basically deemed me useless for work the entire week. Hopefully, this can be resolved! Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators