Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Exporting Extra Lines

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
cburgessYUD2V
1236 Views, 7 Replies

Revit Exporting Extra Lines

When opening my project in Navisworks, I noticed that there were extra extruded objects (see attached pics of the Revit original and the Navisworks result). They appear to be from the reference circles (i'm not sure what else to call them) that the curves were made from. I made the model in Revit, which is why I'm asking about it here.

I'm not sure what else to say here, but of course I'll provide more details as needed. 

If someone could tell me if there's something I shouldn't be exporting, that would be great. 

Labels (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
_Vijay
in reply to: cburgessYUD2V

you can hide from the Revit exporting view, and make the changes from export setting to the current view. it will export only from the Revit exporting view.

NWC.png

Message 3 of 8

Unusual looking. Kind of reminds my of Silicon Valley Workstation with a an artsy, fartsy  HVAC Duct System mounted above it.. What are its Properties?  

Message 4 of 8
cburgessYUD2V
in reply to: _Vijay

I'd like to try this, but my Navisworks Options Editor doesn't have that for some reason. I'm using Navisworks 2017, but I also have 2019 and the Options Editor looks the same (see picture). What version are you using?

cburgessYUD2V_0-1597673934858.png

Message 5 of 8

This is just a "quick-n-dirty" generic model of an existing overhead cable tray at my building site. (I say quick-n-dirty, but apparently I don't know enough for it to be particularly quick, since I've been on the forums for weeks trying to get different aspects of it sorted out!)

It's just an extrusion, generic model, modeled in place. The architect didn't put in a bunch of this existing stuff so there's all kinds of things clashing with it. That's why I'm trying to get it put in. Doesn't have to be pretty, but I don't want anything extra that will cause more clashes...like the extra extrusions I'm asking about here. 

I've set everything I can think of that might be relaed to "Not Exported" in the IFC export options, but I haven't found the right thing yet. I'm also having trouble finding the option to export Current View Only...I can remember doing that once before but it's not in my export settings or any of the choices in the Export IFC dialogue box

Message 6 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: cburgessYUD2V

Why don't hou export from Revit to Navisworks instead of to IFC? The option of export visible elements in view only will be there.
Message 7 of 8
cburgessYUD2V
in reply to: ToanDN

Ha -- That's an excellent suggestion, and it genuinely did not occur to me to just export it straight to Navisworks! And lo and behold, it worked.

Normally for the project this model is part of, I have a bunch of other models from our subcontractors that make up a federated model, and I only have IFC files from them, so I almost never use Revit's export to NWC feature. (Ideally, I wouldn't be in Revit at all. Not because I don't like using it --I do like it--but because I would be given models that don't need editing!)

I'd still like to figure out how to solve the issue with the extra extrusions in the IFC file. I've found that with Revit (like anything else), knowing how it's *supposed* to work is one thing, but knowing the cause and solution of the unexpected is real mastery. But for now I'll consider the issue solved. Thank you!

Message 8 of 8
cburgessYUD2V
in reply to: _Vijay

After going through the suggestion that I marked as the solution, I realized what the window is that you shared. This is the Options for exporting to NWC within Revit (for anyone else reading this thread in the future. Hi future people!), rather than the general Options Editor. 

Thanks for your suggestion, sorry I didn't figure out what you were talking about sooner. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report