Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Duplicates in Navisworks Model

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1028 Views, 5 Replies

Revit Duplicates in Navisworks Model

Hi,

Can anybody find a solution to this please.

Create a stairs in Revit using the 'Stair by Component' rather than the 'Stair by Sketch'

Export Revit model to NWC

Result: Duplicate instances of the stairs in Navisworks, leading to a pain in the head when Clash detecting.

Anyone?

Revit 2015

Navisworks Manage 2015

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
IbrahimNaeem
in reply to: Anonymous

What's your search set criteria for stairs? have you added the stairs as selection or search set? what's the selection A and Selection B of your clash test? 

Thanks, Ibrahem Naeem 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: IbrahimNaeem

There are no search sets. Each discipline has it's own model. I am clashing model A against model B.

Message 4 of 6
IbrahimNaeem

well, The solution will be as follows: 

1- Create a search set called all stair components which includes all the stair components. no.1

2- run your clash. 

3- go to the sets panel and select the set we have just added and select first clashing object found with the stairs. 

4- go to the results tab in the test pane and change the none filter into exclusive as indicated here by no.2 ; this will summarize all clashes of this element with the stairs.

5- bind all found results to a result group called Stair clashes. no.3 

6- Do the same with any new element clashing the stairs. 

highlight this answer as a solution if you find this solves your problem. 

Thanks, Ibrahem Naeem 

navis.PNG

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you for this. But it is a workaround i had thought of but i does not fix the problem. 

Ideally i would like a fix for this problem so that we do not get duplicates in the NWC file in the first place.

Message 6 of 6
IbrahimNaeem
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't think that you can do this inside of Revit before exporting, also there's no way inside of Navisworks to group elements as one unit, that will contraduct with the Element IDs based detection and solution. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report