Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit ceiling plan view from existing cropped plan view

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
farrell.j
5956 Views, 19 Replies

Revit ceiling plan view from existing cropped plan view

I have around 50 plan views that have been cropped to room sizes for a residential scheme, in order to create Room Type plans. The Client has now requested ceiling plans of all the Room Types. Is there a way for me to quickly generate a reflected ceiling plan view of each existing cropped plan view? Or do I have to manually create all 50 plan views again as reflected ceiling plan views? 

This seems like such a labour intensive task for something that should surely be possible at the click of a button!

Many thanks in advance

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: farrell.j

If you used Scope Boxes for all your rooms vs just adjusting all 50 crop regions creating the reflected ceiling plans would be a snap...  

So yeah...you have some work ahead of you.

Message 3 of 20
barthbradley

So you have 50 Plan Views that you need to create 50 RCP Views of, and you want to know if this can be done  "at the click of a button"???   

Head over to Staples. I think they have what you are looking for...

Staples.png 

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Brilliant 👏🏻

I was hoping for more of a right click, duplicate view, “flip view” or “create reflected ceiling plan” kind of command to save me duplicating, then copying and pasting crop regions. 

So grateful for your helpful contribution. Please continue to share your wisdom with the wider AutoDesk Community. Off to Staples I go...

Message 5 of 20
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

You know I was just having fun; right?  I have one of these at my workstation. Must be broken though, because it never works. Ha!  

Cheers! 

Message 6 of 20
ToanDN

It is always a good practice to have a scope box for any cropped area that requires multiple views (plan, RCP, MEP, struc, FFE, etc...).

But if you already have your floor plans as dependent views, you can do this:

- Create 1 RCP for each level

- Right click on the floor plan parent view and choose Apply Dependent views, then choose the RCP of that level from the list.  there the same number of dependent views will be created for that RCP view, along with their cropped region.

See screen cast:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/dc048ca4-edd3-4d82-aef7-55877471f103

Message 7 of 20
SteveKStafford

Have a look at this Dynamo BIM Forum thread. It's for floor plans but it might be easy enough to rework it for Ceiling Plans.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 8 of 20
sarveshQV295
in reply to: ToanDN

Looks like the screencast is corrupt. Also, the second step is greyed out. 

Message 9 of 20
ToanDN
in reply to: sarveshQV295

@sarveshQV295 wrote:

Looks like the screencast is corrupt. Also, the second step is greyed out. 

It plays fine here.  What do you see on your screen?

Message 10 of 20
sarveshQV295

sarveshQV295_0-1652131800410.png

This goes on and on. 

Message 11 of 20
ToanDN

Try this.

Message 12 of 20
sarveshQV295

This is still doing the same. I even tried opening it in a different browser. Didn't help. Can you email or send the video clip by any other means. Thank you so much for your quick responses. sarvesh@szostakdesign.com

Message 13 of 20
ToanDN

@sarveshQV295 wrote:

This is still doing the same. I even tried opening it in a different browser. Didn't help. Can you email or send the video clip by any other means. Thank you so much for your quick responses. sarvesh@szostakdesign.com

I recorded it using Autodesk Screencast so it can only be uploaded to their screencast site.

Try the direct link.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/7b3f2fcb-7f30-4e59-86fc-f9898bd38010

Here is the steps:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/Revit-D...

Message 14 of 20
sarveshQV295

That direct link doesn't work either. 

Message 15 of 20
ToanDN

@sarveshQV295 wrote:

That direct link doesn't work either. 

Read the steps in the link below then. It is not that complicated.  

Message 16 of 20
sarveshQV295

I couldn't solve it going by steps and that is why I have been looking for the video clip.

Message 17 of 20
ToanDN

@sarveshQV295 wrote:

I couldn't solve it going by steps and that is why I have been looking for the video clip.

Populate Dependent Views.gif

Message 18 of 20
sarveshQV295

Great, thank you so much for the GIF.

Message 19 of 20
JedSanford

This can be done pretty easily with Dynamo too. 

Message 20 of 20
AECSimple
in reply to: barthbradley

So, we do have this as a tool. 

It can also replicate the sheets & plan views from linked models 

Here's a 30 second video: https://youtu.be/NFdi4Sjon5M 

Creates Reflected Ceiling Plan Sheets, Views, Viewports from Floorplan Sheets

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report