Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit and Mac

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
498 Views, 3 Replies

Revit and Mac

I just downloaded the student version of Revit onto my computer. I have a Mac but have installed Boot Camp, so my computer is partitioned between the Mac OS X El Capitan operating system and Windows 10 operating system. When I downloaded Revit it said everything installed correctly however when I go to use the program, some features and the display does not work properly. I am not able to load families into my projects and the ribbon at the top of the program doesn't always show up. Also when I click to switch to a different view of my project, such as the level 1 floor plan, it won't show up at first so I have to minimize the program and then reopen it to make the view show up. I have tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it multiple times and everytime it says it is installed correctly. Is this a problem with the way bootcamp was installed? If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated since using this program is part of my daily work! 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
matthew.d
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the issue. It could be a download issue, try reinstalling from the virtual agent with your antivirus off and make sure you have the latest service pack installed. You were following this guide to load the families correct. Please also note the support for Windows 10, as stated in this article.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 3 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

What version of Revit are you trying to install?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

I installed the 2016 version

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators