Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2024 Project Browser Frozen

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
wlawsonXCGKS
1235 Views, 20 Replies

Revit 2024 Project Browser Frozen

When I link in a new revit file into Revit 2024 the project browser freezes.  I am having to shut down and re-open the file again to get the project browser unfrozen.  Others within the team are having this issue also.  Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
barthbradley
in reply to: wlawsonXCGKS
Message 3 of 21
wlawsonXCGKS
in reply to: barthbradley

This is only a screen issue with the Revit 2024 version, it works with different screen sizes (i.e. a laptop and a larger monitor) for previous versions of Revit such as 2021, its just the new version that doesn't seem to like the 2 different screen sizes.  So the question is why is this only an issue with version 2024? Will there be a patch or hot fix to resolve this?  Many users have a different set up from home to office.

Message 4 of 21
ennujozlagam

maybe?

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/tsarticles/ts/1BlfQlbA9wWd1JmijceW6d.html

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 21
wlawsonXCGKS

Many thanks for that. Do you know what specifically in the release notes will resolve this. Do you know if the fix that you have sent the link to will definitely fix the Project Browser issue?  The project browser section of the notes mentions “stability fixes” but doesn’t say anything specific. Our IT department are reluctant to apply this without knowing for certain that it will fix the issue.

Message 6 of 21
devan-mistry

we are having the same issue as this across all of our Revit 2024 users.

Did you manage to find a fix at all?

The latets Revit 2024.2.1 hotfix has not resolved the issue with the Project Browser freezing.

Our IT team thinks it is a diplay/resolution issue with multiple screen set ups from home and the office and moving to and fro with docking stations etc.

Message 7 of 21
wlawsonXCGKS
in reply to: devan-mistry

This is what our own IT dept Think also, we do not have a resolution as yet. Not certain, as it is the browser of the last linked file that is frozen onto the browser panel, not sure that has anything to do with monitor screen sizes.
Message 8 of 21
devan-mistry

thanks.

What do you mean by the browser of the last linked file exactly?

Message 9 of 21
wlawsonXCGKS

We have been finding that it freezes immediately after linking in another disciplines model so for example if you are doing the furniture for the building you link in the architectural, steel, M&E etc so you can do your furniture layouts. Once the linked files have either been loaded in or revised to a newer version, this is when the freezing is happening for us. So you are in your own model, but the information shown on the browser panel is still showing the information from the browser panel of the last linked in model, the browser hasn't updated back to the main files information.
Message 10 of 21
devan-mistry

ah, that is interesting.

To be honest, at our end, we have not really noticed a pattern in the PB freezing.

It tends to happen more when you move from the office to working from home the next day for example and the first time you open Revit on a different screen set up with differing resolutions.

Surely Autodesk are aware of this now and should release a Hotfix?

Message 11 of 21
wlawsonXCGKS

I hope they are as with everywhere all staff have smaller laptops and larger screens at both home and in the office/site, it's the norm now to be using a variety of screen sizes. I don't believe that is the issue though as it only happens with the 2024 version of Revit, up until this point staff being fully mobile and using a variety of screen sizes and the older versions say Revit 2021 we have had no issues to date, strange that screen size seems to be the answer floating about just now.
Message 12 of 21
devan-mistry

same goes for us - no issues whatsoever on same working/monitors set up on RVT 2020, 2021, 2022 or 2023.

Only 2024...

Did you try and report / get tech support from Autodesk directly?

We did and they listed nothing under the cause and gave some generic instructions on how to resolve with multiple fixes to iterate between and test!

Message 13 of 21
wlawsonXCGKS

Pretty much the same scenario, our IT came back with the screen size and nothing they could do about it. I think its cutting down on the operating system on 2024 myself, waiting patiently for a hotfix/patch for it once they realise.
Message 14 of 21
devan-mistry

yes me too.

One last question - did you explore the idea of any add-ins causing this?

Our Revit support suggested this but I am very sceptical of this as all previous RVT versions had the same add ins and this never happened

Message 15 of 21
wlawsonXCGKS

We tested this with one user who had no add ins to the program, same issue, think that's a red herring.
Message 16 of 21
devan-mistry

thanks for confirming, thought the same.

Let's await a further hotfix from Autodesk I guess...

Message 17 of 21
devan-mistry

We have a fix! albeit temporary.

When the PB freezes in RVT2024, you can click on the PB itself anywhere inside the window (even though it obviously will not let you) and hit F5 on your keyboard...it refreshed and comes back alive!

Not a complete fix to stop it from occuring however much better than having to restart RVT2024 several times a day per user.

I am going to inform Autodesk directly of this issue/temp fix so that they can look into it further and hopefully release a Hotfix update soon

Message 18 of 21
andywatson64

YES! THANK YOU!

I haven't been able to isolate the issue as well as some others in this thread, but F5 works perfectly! I wanted to report and say thanks.

Message 19 of 21
wlawsonXCGKS
in reply to: andywatson64

Working for me too ☺ F5!!!
Message 20 of 21
jamDTZWA

Amazing!! Works a charm. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators