Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revit 2024 - not loading after failed update

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
orges1996
327 Views, 4 Replies

revit 2024 - not loading after failed update

So i tried to update revit 2024 through the autodesk access (revit 2024.2 Update) , firstly it stuck at 97 % and than my revit did not open anymore....since than i cant install, uninstall or do anything with REVIT 2024 ALL THE WORK I HAD GONE . I'm using the educator version cos i teach at university. Also when i try to update again it shows the thing that cant find the RVT.msi or something like that and i cant seem to make it work despite all the things i've tried ...and please do not suggest me again a clean install cos i've done all and the same problem also i cant afford to make a full system clean (to reinstall all the programs from the start from windows  cos i have a lot of important work in my pc. 

ill add to my message 2 screen shots one from when i open revit (first) and one from when the update stucks (second) 

Screenshot 2023-12-25 220457.png

Screenshot 2023-12-25 223340.png

@allmembers

@revit2024

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: orges1996

Yah, unfortunately this is happening quite a lot.  The solution is to do a clean uninstall and then reinstall Revit from the browser (via your autodesk.manage.com account). 

How to Complete a Clean Uninstall of Revit products (autodesk.com)

Note: we didn't need to do step #7 (regedit).  

Message 3 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: orges1996

Go through this: https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Revit-2024-2-Updat...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 4 of 5
orges1996
in reply to: barthbradley

i did this and again the same thing happened but a friend of mine found a work around this but i didn't see how he did it i just left my laptop to him and i got it all fixed
Message 5 of 5
orges1996
in reply to: DarrenP

nope this did not work

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators