Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2022 Color Scheme - more distinct colors by default

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
HVAC-Novice
1448 Views, 7 Replies

Revit 2022 Color Scheme - more distinct colors by default

I don't know if this actually changed in 2022 version. But in older versions the color scheme would come out with distinctive colors by default. For example if I had 4 different things, one was blue, one was red etc. and the default colors were more "solid / juicy" for lack of better term and would have printed on paper more distinctively. 

Now the first time I did it in 2022, the default colors are very close to each other. Actually so close it is hard to distinguish them at first glance. I know I can manually assign any color i want, but wonder if there is a way for them to be more distinct by default? 

enkus_0-1619809904156.png

Revit version: R2024.2.1
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
barthbradley
in reply to: HVAC-Novice
Message 3 of 8
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: barthbradley

Thanks for clarifying. I know it is subjective, but on views with color scheme, the color scheme is the important feature. And if one looks at the room or space and then at the legend it should be easy to find which of the colors applies to that area. 

I guess I now have to manually adjust the colors. Will have to play with it and test on actually printed plans. 

I'm sure some test group said the new scheme is better, but would be nice if they gave us a toggle for the new or old (distinctive colors) scheme. 

Revit version: R2024.2.1
Message 4 of 8

I salute this improvement made by Revit 2022.

In previous versions I had to change the colors to be less saturate and more brighten and  it was a lot of work in order not to have a bold patchwork appearance of floor plans.

Maybe is a subjective opinion  that comes from early times when I made hand drawing presentations-watercolor, colored pencils...that did not cover the linework.

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
barthbradley

@HVAC-Novice wrote:

I guess I now have to manually adjust the colors. Will have to play with it and test on actually printed plans. 

You could use Transfer Project Standards to transfer Color Schemes  from an upgraded previous version. Might ease the pain a little.  FWIW.  

Message 6 of 8
NickScalone

I agree with @HVAC-Novice.  Colors assigned for new areas are only 2-4 values different in the RGB values...even with a legend it's impossible to distinguish between different area types/names.  I think 2020 or 2021 was definitely an improvement over the oversaturated earlier versions, but this is now too far in the opposite direction.

Message 7 of 8
boyd_johnson
in reply to: barthbradley

RoomColorScheme.jpg

I understand the reason behind this so called "improvement" providing more subtle Color Schemes - I wish there was an option to either choose,  1)Subtle vs 2)Contrasting (Vivid).  I've applied a Color Scheme for "Room Number" and Revit appears to have just stopped providing contrasting (subtle or otherwise) colors (see attached image)

This is for the development of preliminary existing condtions models on large facilities (thousands of rooms) and I WANT to see contrasting colors so I can tell where Room Boundaries actually are through bold colors.  I know I could use Room References (X) but I was hoping for something more dynamic through bold colors.

Revit 2023.1

Message 8 of 8
boyd_johnson
in reply to: boyd_johnson

How exactly is this Color Scheme helpful???  Yes I could change the color...but I'm working in a model with thousands of rooms.  Am I missing something or should "Revit be better!"?

RoomColorScheme2.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators