Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2021 Bug - Project Launch - Oct '22

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mstunkard
290 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2021 Bug - Project Launch - Oct '22

(First post to Autodesk; if this is wrong board/location for bugs please advise)

Discovered what I believe to be a bug where the following message will not clear despite extensive troubleshooting across Revit & all plug-ins used by the end user. Note that the most recent hotfix and Issues Addin have been applied as of this post's creation (10/26/2022).

"You now own the element, but your file is out of date.  You must Reload Latest before editing the element."

Project & Revit as a whole are unable to proceed or close without being forced or taskkill.exe invoked. No information is able to be procured for the element in this specific project and after an elevated session with an auth vendor, the following workaround has been observed to work with the accompanied notes:

• The project opens fine on any other workstation/account.
  • Any other project opens fine on the user's workstation/account.
  • If we opt to open the project from the cloud repository without the worksets (should be third option after clicking the 3 dots), and then manually apply each available workset once the project base is opened, no issue occurs.
  • Opening it normally, even after clearing all temp files and reinstalling/updating Enscape & other add-ins, continues to produce the error.

If I'm missing something, please let me know. Hoping the next hotfix addresses this.

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

@mstunkard ,

Welcome and thank you for your post! I will move this to the Revit forums for support.

Thank you!

Kimberly

Kimberly Fuhrman-Jones
Revit Community Manager
Message 3 of 3
barthbradley
in reply to: mstunkard

@mstunkard wrote:

"You now own the element, but your file is out of date.  You must Reload Latest before editing the element."

Sounds like a phishing virus to me.   😉   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report