Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2019 - Walls Won't Join Properly

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
4046 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2019 - Walls Won't Join Properly

As the title says, I'm working in Revit 2019. I have a pair of walls that I can't get to join to each other properly. They are the same wall type; they are on the same level with no base offset; wall joining is allowed (they are technically joined, but continue to show a cut line between them); there is no phasing in the project, so that isn't interfering with anything; I've tried pulling each wall back and dragging the control points back together; I've tried changing the wall join style; I've tried pulling the walls back and using trim/extend; I've tried using modify>geometry>join. I'm hoping one of you geniuses can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbcarch
in reply to: Anonymous

Are either of them attached to the roof?
Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: cbcarch

They are each attached to the same 2 roofs - one internal that ends at the interior core boundary of the wall (which I'm using as a ceiling b/c I need to cut it with a roof-based family), and one that is the actual exterior roof. These are 2 of the 4 exterior walls, all 4 of which are attached to the same 2 roofs in the same way, and this is the only corner giving me this issue.
Message 4 of 5
cbcarch
in reply to: Anonymous

Attaching can sometimes cause wall join problems. Try Detaching and see if they clean up. If so, maybe use a reference plane to attach the walls to, or just use an offset from a Level or an unconnected height instead. Odd that the other two walls clean up.
Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: cbcarch

Aw geez Rick, I made one of the walls structural! Thanks for the suggestions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report