Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2019 is slow in perspective view when panning

46 REPLIES 46
SOLVED
Message 1 of 47
guillermo4JEUL
9692 Views, 46 Replies

Revit 2019 is slow in perspective view when panning

Hello everyone, what could be the reason that the pan is so slow and sometime does not even move the view in perspective mode, It gets practically unusable.

Is there something I can do about it? 

This happens to me with any project regardless if is big or small and we have high end computers with pretty good specs.

Thanks, I hope there is a solution for this!

Revit 2019.2, Windows 7
46 REPLIES 46
Message 41 of 47

I changed my Perspective Mode from "Perspective" to "Orthographic" and it fixed the pan issue!  

Message 42 of 47

Hi, That doesn't fix the problem, you just change from perspective to orthographic, the issue is in perspective not in the orthographic, there it works fine.

Revit 2019.2, Windows 7
Message 43 of 47
johnkTVSDW
in reply to: guillermo4JEUL

I just realized I had autocad files/plans imported into the drawing and viewed these cad files in perspective mode, which created the same issue discussed in this thread. 

As soon as I hid the autocad files in the view my zooming became normal again.  I might go back to cad file and maybe see the drawing extents, to see if that would help.  But I swore I would never use Autocad again after migrating to revit  : )  I only use as backrounds from another architect.

Message 44 of 47
johnkTVSDW
in reply to: guillermo4JEUL

yep in my case it was def the imported cad files

Message 45 of 47

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR COMPUTER SPECS!

REAL SOLUTION:

The 3D viewport just glitches by itself!

The way I fixed mine was just creating a new 3D View and reapplying my View Template

I hope this works for you too

Sorry for the font and all but this is a bug that really annoys a lot of people and the direction these answers were going just got to me.

Message 46 of 47

We also had a problem with panning a 3D views in perspective mode which included linked .dwg files. For us the solution was to turn off all the .dwg layers which contained text and then normal speeds returned. Not entirely intuitive as 3D views don't show text anyway.

When the text was turned on (but not displayed), zoom extents pulled out further than when turned off, even though all the text was within the linework. Also, after turning text back on, panning would work as expected until you zoomed in or out, following which, panning would slow again.

Message 47 of 47

This fixed the problem for me. Thanks rodrigo.acker

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report