Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2018 will not install Libraries or Templates

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
9696 Views, 5 Replies

Revit 2018 will not install Libraries or Templates

After installing Revit 2018, libraries are non-existent here C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2018\Libraries\US Imperial and US Metric and templates are non-existent here C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2018\Libraries\US Imperial and US Metric. I have done some research and found a post to make sure the master.xml file is located within the \Content\Revit folder (which it is) and also tried to reinstall the Content Libraries, but had no luck. I have also tried to run the .msi file here C:\Autodesk\Revit_2018_G1_Win_64bit_dlm\Content\ADSKMaterials\2018\CM.  Has anyone else experienced this or can provide a download link for the Libraries?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Sahay_R
in reply to: Anonymous

For the time being - do you have your old templates and libraries? Revit 2018 will be able to open and  use them just as well.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Sahay_R

No, this is a new install. We have never used Autodesk Revit at my company before. Thanks

Message 4 of 6
Viveka_CD
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Please see HERE for solutions on missing the templates and families (applies to Revit 2018)

See a similar discussion HERE and HERE to follow reply by @pavilionconsult 

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
Viveka_CD
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

I just wanted to follow up here, any progress on this issue?
Please mark any posts that help with "Accept as Solution" and thanks!

Message 6 of 6
Basam.Yousif
in reply to: Viveka_CD

I have a new laptop and I installed Revit 2017 first, THEN 2018. For some reason, 2018 did not install any templates or library, and instead it has mapped itself to a generic, version-less path of: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Templates\US Imperial\default.rte - Is this a new thing? I think this should NEVER be the case. I did check the box to install the updates at the same time as the product - so it went directly to install 2017.2.2. and 2018.2 in one step. Is that the reason this unusual result has occurred? I know how to fix all this, to download and install and repath everything - but it is unnecessary and it should never be the case. Just my opinion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report