Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2018 Realistic graphics with planting - far worse than 2017

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
420 Views, 5 Replies

Revit 2018 Realistic graphics with planting - far worse than 2017

Compared to Revit 2017, Revit 2018 has far worse performance in 3D if planting families are in the view, and Realistic mode is enabled.  With shading or consistent colors there is little or no difference in performance.

In Revit 2017, a 3D view with planting families visible in Realistic mode would be slow, but still navigable.

In Revit 2018, that same view is unusable in Realistic mode until the Planting category is turned off.

Windows 7 Pro, 2018.0.2, nVidia GeForce 650 using the latest WHQL drivers.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

hello 

I was trying to figure out the problem on my system but I didn't find any problem with the realistic view try to uninstall the Revit then install it again and let me know if you have any improvement in your render 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Still no solution to the problem.  Revit 2018.2 has very poor graphic performance in 3D views in Realistic mode if planting is in the view.

Message 4 of 6
chrisplyler

I'm just taking a guess, but it seems likely that:

A. The planting families you have chosen are much heavier than the ones used in the previous file, or...

B. Revit 2018 is doing more computational work for realistic display than 2017 did, or...

C. You've got some options set differently, particularly on the User Interface and Graphics sections of the options dialog.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

The planting families are from Revit 2018, as the project was started in Revit 2018, so there's no previous version data in the project.

In fact - test this yourself.  Create a new project using the Architectural Template.  Add four walls in so you've got a point of reference.

Go to the 3D view.  Switch to Realistic mode.  Orbit a bit.  Now add some planting families (the template has RPC Tree - Deciduous in it... place a few of those.)

On my computer, my frame rate is like 1fps at this point.  It's terrible.  It's unusable.  And I'm using an Alienware!

Message 6 of 6
chrisplyler

Oooo yeah I see the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report