Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2018 - Loading a Curtain Wall Door

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
timothy_crouse
9296 Views, 11 Replies

Revit 2018 - Loading a Curtain Wall Door

For some reason Revit 2018 will not load a Door Curtain Wall family from:

Architecture >> Door  >> Load Family

This link points out that you have to load that family via the insert ribbon, odd for sure even confusing at time 🙂

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/getting-started/caas/screencast/Main/Details/7...

If the load from insert does not work for you I suggest restarting revit and maybe even your PC then re-loading revit and running the insert sequence as the very first task you do once you open your project.

I mention this because that is the only way I could get the M_Curtain Wall Storefront door family to load for me

Hopefully this will save someone some time

Best Regards

Tim C.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: timothy_crouse

You can also drag and drop the CW door family on to your project browser.
Message 3 of 12

Actually, David is talking about loading a door via the Build tab. In other words, selecting Door on the Build tab and then using Insert Family from there. It doesn't mean that you can't load the family via the Insert Tab or by selecting the Panel to replace with a CW Door and inserting the family at that time. 

Message 4 of 12
timothy_crouse
in reply to: ToanDN

I am not familiar with the drag and drop technique.

Are you indicating that I can drag a library family.rfa file onto my working floor plan and the family will be loaded into the project? 

Message 5 of 12
cbcarch

No, drag/drop from your folder into the Browser.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 6 of 12
ToanDN

@timothy_crouse wrote:

I am not familiar with the drag and drop technique.

Are you indicating that I can drag a library family.rfa file onto my working floor plan and the family will be loaded into the project? 

Yes.  You can drag/drop family files onto your working plan view or the browser.  Noted that it does not insert the families in the model, only load them in your project.

Message 7 of 12
veso58S5W

I tried all you say.

Not working

Something with Curtain Wall door is broken in Revit

Hey, AutoDesk people, can you explain?

Message 8 of 12
veso58S5W

I can't find any F... way to place Door in  Curtain Wall 

Please help

Message 9 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: veso58S5W

Nothing broken. Select a curtain panel, unpin, change it to a curtain wall door.

Message 10 of 12
veso58S5W

Thank you for quick reply.

1. I can't UnPin glass/panel as there is no pin symbol

2. There is no Curtain Door in any library/instance

Unfortunately real mess.

Message 11 of 12

Curtain doors only seem to load if you are currently selecting a curtain panel (hover + tab over the grid if needed to find it) since they're not actually "doors" but "panels", and then you can select it as an option when re-selecting that panel. Hope that helps.

Message 12 of 12
mhiserZFHXS
in reply to: erik_trautman

@erik_trautman wrote:

Curtain doors only seem to load if you are currently selecting a curtain panel (hover + tab over the grid if needed to find it) since they're not actually "doors" but "panels", and then you can select it as an option when re-selecting that panel. Hope that helps.

Careful. They ARE doors, as they can be scheduled as such. They just behave more like a curtain wall panel than a "typical" door family does.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report