Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2018 Fixes?

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
Anonymous
1572 Views, 17 Replies

Revit 2018 Fixes?

So I'm seeing lots of talk and articles on the NEW features of Revit 2018. Where is the info on the bug fixes? Was there even any? 

The new features are all fine and dandy (very situational IMHO). But there is no talk whatsoever about what was fixed from previous versions. I think I speak for every Revit user when I say there are a LOT of things we would like to see improved/fixed. Even just an acknowledgement from Autodesk that they do not work as intended would be nice! 

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I found this:

http://blogs.autodesk.com/revit/2017/04/13/introducing-revit-2018/

http://www.aecbytes.com/tipsandtricks/2017/issue79-revit.html

They discuss briefly about issues being fixed but I'm not sure which..

Best

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button

Nicola Ianeselli
BIM Manager

Twitter | LinkedIn

Infraworks Ambassador

Want to present in Infraworks? Vote this up!

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous

Can you be a bit more specific?
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous

Thanks Nicola

That's about all I've been able to find as well. They all just focus on the new features. I'm looking for release notes like nearly every other software developer provides with each release of their software. Such as the Archicad 20 release notes found here. Notice how they acknowledge bugs and flaws that they have fixed. 

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous

Well just about every single other software developer provide release notes with each version of their software they release. These typically include numerous bug fixes from past versions. For example, here is the release notes for Archicad 20. 

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous

You may have misunderstood me, you mentioned a lot of bugs that needed fixing, can you be specific about the ones you would like information on, maybe someone can help. I realise it's not the release notes your after.
Release notes always come out for mid updates, I can't remember ever seeing them personaly for new releases...
Message 7 of 18
DarrenP

this list out what is fixed in 2018 see attachment

let me know if this doesn't work

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous

Oh you want me to start listing problems?! Haha were not gonna go there in this thread.I have workarounds for just about every problem I've come across. I'm just really sick of having to jump through hoops to get things done in this software. 

I was hoping for some indication that Autodesk admits there are numerous problems with Revit and was actually working to correct them. Release notes are usually where this shows. Typically those are provided with any new installation of a program instead of just the patches. But Autodesk likes to do things their own way it seems. 

Message 9 of 18
DarrenP

i attached the list what was fixed in Revit 2018 in my previous post as a zip file

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 10 of 18
Anonymous

@Anonymous

In your original post you wrote "Where is the info on the bug fixes?" Hence I thought we were talking about bug fixes. Things like text editor bugs, interface bugs, railing glitches etc.

You are now talking about general "problems" and "workarounds", which is different. So I can't really help. If you have anything specific though, feel free to let the community know. 

p.s. for what its worth, this post sits at the top of this forum as well... https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/latest-updates-new-knowledge-network-articles-revit-architecture/td-p/7010018

hope it helps.

Message 11 of 18
loboarch
in reply to: DarrenP

Here is the ZIP file but in a web page.

http://revit.downloads.autodesk.com/download/2018RVT_RTM/Docs/RelNotes/AutodeskRevit2018-ReleaseNote...

This is the more comprehensive "release notes" the OP was looking for I believe.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous

Wo! Well, ok then...That's a long list.
Autodesk should post this as the update list for 2018 for those complaining there aren't enough new features! Haha
Thanks for posting this @loboarch, that is great.

P.s. You can rename based on case only woo! That has always annoyed me!
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: loboarch

There we go! That is what I was looking for. Thanks!

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks Darren, 

The link you sent was just a static image of the webpage. It looked like only one thing was listed. Someone else just posted the live link but this was what i was looking for. Thanks. 

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous

I was talking about a list of bug fixes the whole time. You brought up individual problems that I may be wanting help with but that was not the point of my original post. I wasn't looking for anything specific. Just wanted to know what Autodesk fixed for this release to determine if it is worth installing yet another version of Revit on my workstation. 

I have seen that post that you linked but those are more of a "You are using Revit wrong" type of a solution rather than an acknowledgment of something not working as intended and that Autodesk is fixing. 

Message 16 of 18
dgorsman

@loboarch - maybe that link can be added into the Roadmap area?  That would seem to be a natural fit, and those curating the Roadmap are more likely to understand the context when someone asks for a list of bug fixes.  And something to think about including for future Roadmap updates as well.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 17 of 18
ronsarlo

Wow.  That detailed list really ought to be plastered somewhere prominent and easily asscessible from the Revit home page.

It's good for marketing.
and it's good for us techs in trenches.

Message 18 of 18
Anonymous

@loboarch,
just out of interest, is there a 2017 version of this? and how do you get to this document online? I couldn't find it on the support or download pages...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report