Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2017 Extensions - Freeze drawings

44 REPLIES 44
SOLVED
Message 1 of 45
Anonymous
11007 Views, 44 Replies

Revit 2017 Extensions - Freeze drawings

Hi everyone,

This post is about Revit Extensions 2017 module,

we've seen that the "freeze drawings" and "content generator" tools , from miscellaneous tab, aren't available anymore since version 2017.

I've found nothing yet online, just a sentence in the readme : 

"For previously available capabilities of Revit Extensions that are not part of this package, it is recommended to explore the following workflows or improvements:"

but nothing in the list corresponds to any of theses tools

http://download.autodesk.com/SWDLDDLM/Updates/RXE/REX_2016_readme.htm

http://up.autodesk.com/2017/RVT/REX_2017_readme_English.html

Any news?

we're really unable to find anything online, but we're using those tools daily 

Thanks,

44 REPLIES 44
Message 2 of 45
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Update,

response from autodesk says that it won't be developped :

"As you can see, Freeze Drawings is not listed.

Furthermore, it was decided that it wouldn't be release considering that the add-in functionality can be achieved through the User Interface. See example:

Equivalent steps through Revit UI:
1. Export the view(s) to DWG
2. Create New Drafting Views.
3. Import the DWGs to the drafting view (s)."

that's not really convenient

Idea to be submit... this tool should be hard coded imo

Message 3 of 45
wadeshuey

This is BS i use the content generator every day..... this sucks! 

Message 4 of 45
pawelpiechnik

The Freeze Drawing is now available and open for customization. Please check this: http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2016/10/au-revit-20171-and-rex-freezedrawing.html#5

Pawel Piechnik
Director of Product Management, Structural Product Line
Message 5 of 45
Anonymous
in reply to: pawelpiechnik

Can you tell me how to install this? I looked over the link and I'm not sure if I am installing it correctly. We use freeze on a daily basis here and we are in a scramble to find a solution to not having 2017 freeze. 

Message 6 of 45
Anonymous

Hello, and thanks for this update, but same thing, after 15-20 minutes trying installing this, i must confess i could not add the command in the ribbon with your SDK pack Can you detail a bit more the procedure? Thanks,
Message 7 of 45
Abdelmawlas

I compiled the source files in the attached ZIP file. You can extract the files to: 

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2017\

The credit goes to Jeremy Tammik and Paweł Madej

Message 8 of 45
Anonymous
in reply to: Abdelmawlas

Many thanks to you and to both of the developpers, Really time-saving.

This should be implemented in REX2017 or be made sticky 🙂

Message 9 of 45
lawrenceh

I tried to install the FreezeDrawings and it appears in the Revit AddIns Tab but does not work, any ideas?

FreezeDrawings2017.jpg

Message 10 of 45
lawrenceh

I tried to install the Revit 2017 Freeze Drawings and it appears in the Revit AddIns Tab but does not work, any ideas? I copied the supplied files to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2017 as advised. As you can see it appears in the Add in Ribbon under External Tools but will not run.

FreezeDrawings2017.jpg

Message 11 of 45
john
in reply to: Abdelmawlas

Thanks for the zip file. I installed it per the instructions. The program tool selection shows up in the Add-ins tab. However the program does not execute. I've tried loading it using the Application Manager and I get a message telling me the file is invalid.

Has there been an update to the dll? Any suggestions or other file sources I should look at?

Thanks,

John

Message 12 of 45
Anonymous
in reply to: john

Not really helpfull, but it works in our office, you're on Revit 2017.2?

i installed the last sdk pack, but did nothing else than follow instruction.

let us know

Message 13 of 45
john

do have the 2017.2 update installed. And I loaded the Revit 2017-1 SDK updated pack. It is the one with the Revit Freeze Drawing folder in the REX SDK Sample folder. I could not get that one to work as all. Again the .dll was seen as missing or corrupted. 

I downloaded the zip file from this thread. It seems to have worked except as noted the tool (DRevitFreezeDrawing) does nothing with selected. One thing I never been able to find is a folder that was noted in the original post from the Coder blog. The new zip file places the files in the location I would have expected - and I checked the .addin file for pathing accuracy. 

I have not re-booted my computer. Perhaps that is what is necessary.

Thanks,

John

Message 14 of 45
john

Here is the error message I get when I try to load via the Add-in Manager tool. If your .dll is working correctly perhaps you can post it?

Message 15 of 45
Anonymous
in reply to: john

@Anonymous Bund

here is my dll, but yeah i don't know if it's relevant, since i actually dled it from that thread

let is know

Message 16 of 45
darwin_valenzuela

We had similar problem. A colleague and I unzipped the files from the same source and proceeded to copy them to the appropriate directory. His installation worked while mine only showed the command on the Add-in dropped down which would not do anything when clicked. After a bit of fumbling around, we remembered having issues when unzipping files, which should be a straight forward exercise. I used the native windows extractor while he used a different tool (7-Zip). We replaced the DLL file in my machine with a copy of his already uncompressed DLL and that fixed the problem. 

I document this here in case it aids any one else. 

Regards, 

D. Valenzuela

Message 17 of 45

Thank you so much for mentioning the way to unzip the file (7-zip).  It solved my problem.

Message 18 of 45
john
in reply to: thuanhtraub

Glad to help.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Message 19 of 45
apadilla

thank you all. it works beautifully and happy I have the freeze command.

Tags (1)
Message 20 of 45
apadilla

thank you all. it works beautifully and happy I have the freeze command.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report