Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2016 - Unrecoverable error while synchronising

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
chrisling
524 Views, 9 Replies

Revit 2016 - Unrecoverable error while synchronising

Revit build 16.0.1185.0

Update7 for R2

Hi all,

Recently, our office has been experiencing 'unrecoverable errors' across multiple computers when attempting to synchronise. I believe the problem is revision related, as it only affects the user synchronising after they have attempted to edit revisions. The problem occurs during an attempt to synchronise to central, right after an automatic local file save.

I have tried creating new central files, auditing and deleting previous local/backups, but the problem still remains.

I've attached a journal file from the latest crash. If anyone is able to give some feedback as to why this might be happening or a possible fix for it, it would be great. Thanks

Chris

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ennujozlagam
in reply to: chrisling

@chrisling hello, have you try to install latest updates from autodesk for Revit 2016 and see if helps. All user's must have the same build of revit version. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 10
chrisling
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Hi @ennujozlagam,

Currently all workstations are using the same Revit version

Revit build 16.0.1185.0

Message 4 of 10
Viveka_CD

Hi @clingPFGVP

Update & for R2 is required for build version 16.0.1185.0 with build number 20161004_0715.

Can you verify if you have the update 7 for R2?

It will help if you can provide us with a journal file to filter the errors.

Message 5 of 10
Kimtaurus

How much space is left on the HD's? I've encountered similar problems due to insufficient diskspace.

Clear the Revit journals ( C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2016\Journals) and see if there are other files on the HD which aren't needed anymore. Try running CCleaner to clear up some more space.

in reply to: Viveka_CD

Hi @Viveka_CD,

Update 7 for R2 is installed across all systems 

I've attached a journal file after a recent crash

Message 7 of 10
chrisling
in reply to: Kimtaurus

@Kimtaurus, there is still sufficient hard drive space, its about 70% capacity with over 100gb free

Message 8 of 10
Viveka_CD

Hi @chrisling

Thanks for sharing your journal file.

We will filter for errors and let you know.

Message 9 of 10
Viveka_CD
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Hi @chrisling

Is it possible for you to send us the model to check further?

Message 10 of 10
Viveka_CD

Hello back @chrisling

We wanted to check back in with you on this post. How is everything working out? As mentioned before, I would be happy to take a look if you would like to post a sample file for troubleshooting

The journal file you provided shows up a MFC application error which is basically an application start up error which can be resolved.Click HERE for information.

Also add-ins errors have been parsed, I suggest you reinstall the addins. (the recent ones first)

When you synchronize with central, borrowed elements are relinquished by default. However, few elements errors have been encountered with borrowed elements.

Please let us know if further assistance is needed from the community on this post. We are happy to help wherever possible. Thank you and we look forward to your reply update.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report