Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2009 View Templates?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
anakone
304 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2009 View Templates?

I am trying to set up and manage some view templates.

A few questions:

Can changes made in the View Template settings Automatically update in ALL views that are utilizing that specific template, without re-applying?  My only way now is to select all the views from the project browser and Apply View Template again. (every time i make changes for that matter)

Some files i work in, other users come in and override lots of the view template stuff on an element basis.  Is there a command to reset all overrides for that specific view, or multiple views?

Any other tips on managing view templates always welcome. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ryan.duell
in reply to: anakone

Changes to the view templates are not a “live” link, so if you made specific changes you would need to reapply the view template or default view template.

Regarding the view overrides, if might be a good idea to make a “default” view template you could apply to reset a view back to the defaults you wish.  If you hold shift or ctrl in the project browser you can apply a view template to multiple views at the same time.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 3
anakone
in reply to: ryan.duell

Exactly, that's the process i have been following. I guess it's the most effiecient for now.  I just know some people override by elements rather then category and it drives me nuts when it's the wrong practice for certain things.  It also confuses the heck out of me and others when it's first time in a project.

one last thing, view templates are always trumped by element overrides though, correct?  how can i reset ALL overrides?

Thank you for your reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators