Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retaining wall aint going stright to the level -2 as the other walls

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
503 Views, 15 Replies

retaining wall aint going stright to the level -2 as the other walls

Hello to everyone,

I am at the moment having some issues with a section of the retaining wall that I have modelled to go throught the level -3 into the level -2. As you can see throught the picture in this section the retaining wall ain´t connecting with the floor as it happens with the other sections of the retaining walls. Does anyone understand why this is happening... I tryied to use the option "Top offset" but it didnt worked. Either way it shouldn´tbe resolved throught this way since the other sections o the retaining wall are connecting with the floor of the level -2.

Best regards

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

are the other sections joined to the floor using attached top/base? rather than just going up to the level -2 or is there maybe something hidden that its attaching itself to? 

Message 3 of 16
barthbradley

Hard to understand or see what you are describing. Are you wanting to Attach the Wall to the Floor?   

Message 4 of 16
ToanDN

Can you change view to Hidden, select that wall, and show a screenshot of the highlighted wall with its properties panel?
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

@Anonymous,

The attached top/base option is where...

best regards.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN,

I think you are asking this picture...

Best regards

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

Here 🙂 

Capture.JPG

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous

@Anonymous, it worked. what about this one... here is the picture, I am trying to attach the retaining wall to the floors.

best regards

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

Excellent! Whats the issue with this one? its hard to see from your image?

Message 10 of 16
ToanDN

@Anonymous wrote:

@ToanDN,

I think you are asking this picture...

Best regards

Select the wall and Detach Top/Base then Detach All from the Option bar.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous

I want the retaining wall to go all way up until it meets the structural floor. You can see that there is a gap or a small piece of the floor that is undercovered... I do not want this anymore... but it seems that the walls can´t attach to the floors. do you have any other option that allow me to do this?

best regards

Message 12 of 16
barthbradley

If there are other walls behaving property, and just this one isn't -- try using Match Type Properties Tool on Modify Tab.   Or, maybe, delete and redo the wall? 

....Reveal Hidden Constraints might reveal the reason it ain't attaching.

Message 13 of 16
Corsten.Au

1. Check if the wall Top constraint is that upper level, fix the " TOP OFFSET " probably its in negative, thats why you see that gap..

2. Once any wall is attached to any FLOOR ( base ), ROOF or upper FLOOR ( top ), then instance properties like

top offset, and bottom offset won't work, cause it get overridden with " ATTACHED" 

3. Also if any wall is edited with " PROFILE " then nothing else will work, you need to reset the wall, check the 

top/bottom attachment, DETACH if required.. and use instance properties of TOP and BOTTOM offset..

4. Offsets can be Positive or negative ...

hope that helps..

Corsten
Building Designer
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Corsten.Au

@Corsten.Au, I do not understand what is happening.. I domt have any top offset and I also cant attach my retaining wall to the floor.

Message 15 of 16
ToanDN

Select the wall and Detach (Detach All from the option bar) and see the true form of it, then you can decide the next step, whether attach it again, or change the height/offset/etc...
Message 16 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN, already did that, in other words I dettached the wall from the floors. The next thing that I tryed to do was to attach the wall to the floor, but it doesnt close the gap that you see in the picture that I showed early...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report