Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Residential Roof Height - Eave Height Difference

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kalebmann0025C4SR
239 Views, 1 Reply

Residential Roof Height - Eave Height Difference

Hello,

I have a client I am doing an addition for however, they have a roof that has been more complicated than I have seen before. The eave height in the middle area is 2' higher than the rest of the roof, with ridges being offset in order to accomplish this. The footprint isn't very simple, however I have attempted to model it as one roof, as I can't figure out how to split it up and join the roofs that way based on the layout. I have been successful in modeling the higher eave heights in the front of the residence by giving the line an offset value like I typically would, but the rear residence roof line is aligned, but at different heights and Revit is not liking that too much. See attachments for clarity, the PDF is the verified, existing roof plan I am trying to model off of.

Please help suggest how I can make this in Revit as I don't want to attempt to do this in CAD since I've made the switch to a BIM process across the board. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Try modelling separated roofs and cutting overlapping with voids:

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-cut-a-hole-....

¿Tu problema fue solucionado? Selecciona 'Marcar como solución'.
Así ayudas a otras personas a encontrar respuestas y agradeces a los miembro de la comunidad.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators